You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Yamcha
 Rep: 11 

Re: The General and Monsters

Yamcha wrote:

I feel a bit mitigated about those songs. They lack something, or are too much of something, not sure which.  I like the guitar on Monsters. This song is definitely the best of the two. 

monsterscantkillme wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

Slash gives it a good effort. Don't get me wrong. Slash tried his best. Slash couldn't capture the greatness Robin achieved on Perhaps. Thay's why Perhaps would been a big hit on radio and on the rock singles charts if Perhaps with Robin Finck was the Perhaps officially released.

I can't decide if you're a troll or just that thick.

If you can't see Robin is great on Perhaps compared to Slash and in general, then I have to think you don't know what great rock is.

Wasn't there an ignore button or maybe it was at another forum?

Sky Dog wrote:

Only complaints I have are the ending shredding and yelping during the last 30 seconds of The General. The ending of Monsters is a bit hectic as well.

They don’t end like TWAT Coma Estranged NR etc….need to have that triumphant feel to make it in their catalog

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Don’t go under his bridge, fellas

misterID

misterID wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Only complaints I have are the ending shredding and yelping during the last 30 seconds of The General. The ending of Monsters is a bit hectic as well.

All the re-records with Slash and Duff feel chopped up except Perhaps

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Slash can't play at that level eh? Maybe take a nap and listen to some other music for a while. Settle down on the trolling too. Better for everyone.

Slash gives it a good effort. Don't get me wrong. Slash tried his best. Slash couldn't capture the greatness Robin achieved on Perhaps. Thay's why Perhaps would been a big hit on radio and on the rock singles charts if Perhaps with Robin Finck was the Perhaps officially released.

big_smile
Are you that guy off youtube who goes on any video about Robin and curses Slash to high hell, & claims Axl stole his life?

misterID

misterID wrote:

Shacklermyrye, so you have the ability to edit/remix these songs? I wonder what General would sound like with like the end ending of Circus Maximus would sound like. It feels like a pretty abrupt ending

Shacklermyrye wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

Slash can't play at that level eh? Maybe take a nap and listen to some other music for a while. Settle down on the trolling too. Better for everyone.

big_smile
Are you that guy off youtube who goes on any video about Robin and curses Slash to high hell, & claims Axl stole his life?

No. I don't do YouTube. I used to do HTGTH. But I stopped when Jarmo started being a troll.

misterID wrote:

Don’t go under his bridge, fellas

If I'm wrong, then ask Slash and Duff on twitter who does the solos. Or ask Fernando.

Sky Dog wrote:
misterID wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

All the re-records with Slash and Duff feel chopped up except Perhaps

The funny thing is no one at this point of all those songs really has a clue as to who did what. We know Chinese because the liner notes were pretty detailed. None of these songs have detailed about solos, piano, etc

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

misterID wrote:

Shacklermyrye, so you have the ability to edit/remix these songs? I wonder what General would sound like with like the end ending of Circus Maximus would sound like. It feels like a pretty abrupt ending

I'm working on them a bit yeah. I'm not trying to do some mad mashup though and i don't really want to throw loads of fan mixes of these songs online. All i'm really trying to change is bring the strings up a bit, lower the guitars in places, & center Axl's vocals so that there not panned all over the place. It's actually been easier to clean up beltrami's stuff from the live intro than from these leaks. It may actually be easier to isolate them from live performances of the songs (if they ever play them).

Board footer