You are not logged in. Please register or login.

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

Re: The General and Monsters

dave-gnfnr wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

I’m clearly an undiagnosed autistic adult. Hence my ridiculous obsession with this band, since getting into them in the early 90’s.

I really I wish chose a different more fan-friendly band to obsess over, but where’s the fun in that right?

if only GNR was like pearl jam

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

I’m clearly an undiagnosed autistic adult. Hence my ridiculous obsession with this band, since getting into them in the early 90’s.

I really I wish chose a different more fan-friendly band to obsess over, but where’s the fun in that right?

I love Pearl Jam, and while I find their first few albums untouchable, they kinda lost me over the years in the direction they went into. I just found it a little uninspiring.

Still a great live act though.

Miguelox26
 Rep: 5 

Miguelox26 wrote:

Another lefty here, greetings to all the special lefties. Regarding the general, on the left channel I heard some guitar effects that made me raise my eyebrow wondering if it's a buckethead, but I don't think so, I don't hear the sound, the thing about aquatic ponpas or some of his own, but in the end together with Axl it sounds like slash without a doubt, at the beginning of the song you can hear Duff perfectly and when the sinister melody enters the one who answers on the right side is totally slash. monster there is no trace of finck, it does not falter the notes at any time and that is the fink brand, it is not just the strident and sharp sound. These songs are closer to chinese than to the cuts in hard skool or absurd, they will also have cuts These two but I feel that Axl has taken slash and duff more into his artistic territory and that's why it sounds strange to us. In reality we continue as before, in this case slash and duff entering through the revolving door rerecording the same songs that others already recorded There is no real meeting, only Axl employees like the previous musicians.

Clear
 Rep: 0 

Clear wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

Dont forget there are like 50 versions of song

Even look at the title track and how many slight vocal versions there are of it.

The first first leak we got, that had just the lower axl voice and with the head was your ass ending
then we had the one where he added the higher vocal over that version with the with your arms reach up for your help ending
plus we have the ones on the village where its the same vocal track as the first leak but has the talking in the intro

Just because the hey hey may sound different on perhaps does not mean the main vocal track isnt different

Like you said in TWAT its the same vocal take except Axl had an overdub for the wrong time part of the chorus, it does not mean the whole vocal track is different

I agree, same vocal take, but I just said that "Wrong Time" may have been added later on in 2000s as a way to "make it better" or God knows why

Sky Dog wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

I love Pearl Jam, and while I find their first few albums untouchable, they kinda lost me over the years in the direction they went into. I just found it a little uninspiring.

No doubt….agree with Pearl Jam.

carlossacanell
 Rep: 1 

I understand the new direction Axl wanted for GNR and Fink, BH etc fit perfectly to that nu-metal, industrial rock, electronic elements... Those songs such as Better, SR, HS, Absurd, OMG... All those songs with this people and a good final mix are great. But if you take them and allow Slash &. Duff change the structure, the solos... They are not great like before.
That's the problem with the leftovers in my opinion.

carlossacanell
 Rep: 1 

If i was Axl i would release them without Slash & Duff and then start to work un new music more GNR classic oriented.
But Slash can't improve the BH or Finck solos and i'm sure he doesn't like the nu-metal direction of these songs and he tries to give them a more classic sound and let's be honest.. It doesn't work

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

I would still happily pay good money for a well mixed/mastered album of the electronic/numetal style songs with the original members. The one thing I'm not so keen on is the voice distortion, I can't make out what axl is singing in the general. Oh my god wasn't so bad.

dave-gnfnr

dave-gnfnr wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

oh yeah I agree with that part but Pearl Jam is one of the most fan friendly there is, that is more of what I was talking about

dave-gnfnr

dave-gnfnr wrote:
Clear wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

Dont forget there are like 50 versions of song

Even look at the title track and how many slight vocal versions there are of it.

The first first leak we got, that had just the lower axl voice and with the head was your ass ending
then we had the one where he added the higher vocal over that version with the with your arms reach up for your help ending
plus we have the ones on the village where its the same vocal track as the first leak but has the talking in the intro

Just because the hey hey may sound different on perhaps does not mean the main vocal track isnt different

Like you said in TWAT its the same vocal take except Axl had an overdub for the wrong time part of the chorus, it does not mean the whole vocal track is different

I agree, same vocal take, but I just said that "Wrong Time" may have been added later on in 2000s as a way to "make it better" or God knows why

On the wrong time part, I was more talking to the other guy, meaning just because one tiny part of the song may have a new vocal overdub, does not mean the whole vocal track is new

Board footer