You are not logged in. Please register or login.

harmon420
 Rep: 20 

Re: The General and Monsters

harmon420 wrote:
misterID wrote:

I don’t know about the locker leaks, but there was more material from the batch in 06

Most certainly. Rember the guy from HTGH that posted sorry lyrics years before we ever got the album. He definitely had source material that was after the village sessions.

Miguelox26
 Rep: 5 

Miguelox26 wrote:

In my modest opinion there is no more leaked material, if there had been they would have leaked it like everything before, they would not have resisted having it and talking about them without being able to prove anything, who would believe it? Few of them here, what if There is an almost sick need to have something unreleased on everyone's part and there are smart people who take advantage of it to harass the community in general. Of course there will be many CDs with recordings, mixes and songs that we have not heard, but don't let it be filtered! Humanity continues to wait for a divine sign from the gods......and so it goes!

Miguelox26
 Rep: 5 

Miguelox26 wrote:

I always thought that the leaks of better, irs, there was a time and the subsequent ones were leaked from within in order to promote the material and see how the fans reacted, the record company was not clear about the sales, they delayed as much as they could. album and re-recorded it until they dared to release it, also a possible meeting with slash, that was the intention of the label, manager and promoters. Even village and the storage room, but that was coincidental, not premeditated like these leaks. And the same day that the general had to be published is leaked along with another unreleased song, the same bogus operandi!

rockerao
 Rep: 0 

rockerao wrote:

Hi, guys, can someone send me some link? Thanks

Hi guys. I'd like to expand my thoughts on The General. The General I think is a demo from 2006. A demo from those uncirculated 06 batch of discs. And that there is many demos of The General like there was for Better and TWAT. Slash uses a Les Paul guitar to record songs in studio with a low rumble. The guitar used on the solo of The General was a Super Strat guitar on the high end. Robin Finck uses a Super Strat guitar on the high end to record Chinese Democracy songs in studio. I believe the solo on The General is Robin. And I believe the version of The General on the vinly release will be the reworked unheard Slash version unless Robin was able to make a deal with Axl behind the scenes to get his solo from The General to stay in on the vinyl release. But since Slash is still in the band and on the live tour that is probably highly unlikely. But at least I have another Robin Finck gem in my hands from the Chinese Democracy era the mythical and legendary long sought after GNR song for years called The General.

darknemus
 Rep: 23 

darknemus wrote:
Miguelox26 wrote:

I always thought that the leaks of better, irs, there was a time and the subsequent ones were leaked from within in order to promote the material and see how the fans reacted, the record company was not clear about the sales, they delayed as much as they could. album and re-recorded it until they dared to release it, also a possible meeting with slash, that was the intention of the label, manager and promoters. Even village and the storage room, but that was coincidental, not premeditated like these leaks. And the same day that the general had to be published is leaked along with another unreleased song, the same bogus operandi!

I can say definitively in the case of IRS that this isn't accurate. There was a panicfest of epic proportions when it occurred and radio stations across the country (that were literally operated by robots overnight during that Trunk show broadcast) had people getting called in / woken up to go to the stations and ENSURE tapes were erased, etc. This was especially a 'thing' when it came to stations under the clear channel corporate umbrella. The satellite upfeed for Trunk's show was basically edited in real time for the repeat to ensure that not only was the song gone but any damn mention of it / reactions to it were as well - there was some serious chaos that occurred at more than a few radio stations when all that happened.

Now, do I believe Piazza's story about a random CD in his mail? Not necessarily - but I don't think for a moment that leak was intentional (as in, done by the band or the label) - you have to go by the immediate reactions that occurred at the time. Some people deserve Oscars if it was all an act.

You want an indication of how hardcore the reaction was? There were a lot of people in this country at the time who taped / traded radio shows.. (Trunk's show.. Dr. Demento.. Coast to Coast.. etc etc) - this is in the earlyish days of them evolving to doing that sharing over the Internet.. (I'm talking people with garages FULL of DAT tapes labeled like 'Coast To Coast 11-15-98 - Host: Art Bell' and everything else.)

Try talking to those people and finding a copy of that Trunk show.. good f'n luck - because OMG did I go through the effort at the time.. let's just say, due to my experiences at the time - I'm more than 80% convinced at least some people were paid to ensure those tapes don't exist.

Still boggles my mind how f'n QUICK they reponded to what happened, too - Minutes.. not hours.. Just another chapter in the less than normal that is this band.. lolz.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

I always found it incredible how a song could be played on the radio and not a single copy surfaced from it. How would they even know how to contact all these tape enthusiasts and demand they shut it down? That is some NSA type shit.

The title and subject matter of the song was fitting I suppose.

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
Miguelox26 wrote:

In my modest opinion there is no more leaked material, if there had been they would have leaked it like everything before, they would not have resisted having it and talking about them without being able to prove anything, who would believe it? Few of them here, what if There is an almost sick need to have something unreleased on everyone's part and there are smart people who take advantage of it to harass the community in general. Of course there will be many CDs with recordings, mixes and songs that we have not heard, but don't let it be filtered! Humanity continues to wait for a divine sign from the gods......and so it goes!

There is still tons of stuff out there
And if these two songs are not from the slash and duff versions  that just further proves that

darknemus
 Rep: 23 

darknemus wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

And if these two songs are not from the slash and duff versions  that just further proves that

Oh I don't discount for a moment that there's more stuff out there.. as you and I have had various discussions about - I just know I haven't seen any direct empirical evidence of that at this point. I also don't claim to be plugged into all things leaks, etc. We know that way back when, before Fernando was helping to manage one of the largest musical acts in the world - dude was sending tracks like crazy to his Brazilian friends and various Brazilian women for.. reasons. That's, after all, where a lot of the original leaks wound up coming from - if you spoke Portuguese and lived overseas chances are you'd have a much better shot at infiltrating those rather .. hardcore fan networks .. but don't suggest for even a moment to them that Axl has done ANYTHING wrong - if he kicked a baby in the face, its the babies fault.. if you ever suggested anything less with that lot, you're persona non grata.

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
darknemus wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

Oh I don't discount for a moment that there's more stuff out there.. as you and I have had various discussions about - I just know I haven't seen any direct empirical evidence of that at this point. I also don't claim to be plugged into all things leaks, etc. We know that way back when, before Fernando was helping to manage one of the largest musical acts in the world - dude was sending tracks like crazy to his Brazilian friends and various Brazilian women for.. reasons. That's, after all, where a lot of the original leaks wound up coming from - if you spoke Portuguese and lived overseas chances are you'd have a much better shot at infiltrating those rather .. hardcore fan networks .. but don't suggest for even a moment to them that Axl has done ANYTHING wrong - if he kicked a baby in the face, its the babies fault.. if you ever suggested anything less with that lot, you're persona non grata.

Also, there is near zero interest in those leaks anymore, so all the chatter on the back channels about who has them, and what they have, has died down and they just sit on them now.   But like you said most of that stuff is in Brazil and Portugal so we will probably never heard them.

Board footer