You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: The General and Monsters

dave-gnfnr wrote:
monsterscantkillme wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

what if the digital dropped tonight lol

then the debate on who played what on The General would be over. Then we would know if it is a duplicate of the demo or something different.

I still dont think Monsters will be on the record, just the General.

If Monsters is left off does that mean Monsters isn't who the majority thinks it is? Do we have it backwards? Is what we think it is, is The General? And who we don't think is, is the Monsters?

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

then the debate on who played what on The General would be over. Then we would know if it is a duplicate of the demo or something different.

If Monsters is left off does that mean Monsters isn't who the majority thinks it is?

No not necessarily
The only person who right not, without any offical word, can answer that is the leaker and where they got it from

busngabb
 Rep: 1 

busngabb wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

what if the digital dropped tonight lol

How? Everything points to it being on there, even if it's a hidden track, or just part of 'The General' with an interlude inbetween. The evidence is the rights listing of 'The General and Monsters' and Fernando's comment on Reddit that 'The General is a monster'. They're clearly very linked in some way.

I guess if it turns out not to be on the vinyl it'll suggest the band leaked it intentionally, wouldn't it?

dave-gnfnr

dave-gnfnr wrote:
busngabb wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

How? Everything points to it being on there, even if it's a hidden track, or just part of 'The General' with an interlude inbetween. The evidence is the rights listing of 'The General and Monsters' and Fernando's comment on Reddit that 'The General is a monster'. They're clearly very linked in some way.

I guess if it turns out not to be on the vinyl it'll suggest the band leaked it intentionally, wouldn't it?

Here is the thing, it would not make sense to be there bc of the vinyl espeicaly it being a 7 inch record.

It  makes way more sense for it to be just the General. Because most times those types of records the songs will be between a max of 4 mins 30 seconds to about 6 minutes. 

The songs combined are about 9 minutes. Would it even fit?  If they squeezed it on there the quality would drop big time.   Plus with Perhaps being just 4:48 and the general being 4:23 its a perfect match to just have the general on there.  Lets say they fit Monsters on there, would they put perhaps on the A side twice? Or ust have all that unused space.

Now that being said, nothing GNR ever does makes sense, so both songs could be on there.

Also the band never leaks anything out, so they had nothing to do with this leak.

busngabb
 Rep: 1 

busngabb wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

It  makes way more sense for it to be just the General. Because most times those types of records the songs will be between a max of 4 mins 30 seconds to about 6 minutes. 

The songs combined are about 9 minutes. Would it even fit?  If they squeezed it on there the quality would drop big time.   Plus with Perhaps being just 4:48 and the general being 4:23 its a perfect match.

I didn't know that, I've never had a vinyl player so know nothing about them at all.

But why were the rights listings combined? That's unusual isn't it? And why did Fernando link them as well?

dave-gnfnr

dave-gnfnr wrote:
busngabb wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

The songs combined are about 9 minutes. Would it even fit?  If they squeezed it on there the quality would drop big time.   Plus with Perhaps being just 4:48 and the general being 4:23 its a perfect match.

I didn't know that, I've never had a vinyl player so know nothing about them at all.

But why were the rights listings combined? That's unusual isn't it? And why did Fernando link them as well?

Those are just the suggesed max if you want the quality to be top notch. But the reason the record was delayed is because they were not happy with the recordings on the record. So  maybe the tried to squeeze 9 mins onto one side and that is what the issue is. If the record is at  spinning at 33rpm speed maybe they can squeeze it in under the wire.

Just to be clear, I am not saying that both songs wont be on the B side. I am just saying, it makes the most sense for it to not be there because it would make way more sense to have two 4 and half minute songs on each side. But like I said this is GNR and its ran by a house keeper and pool boy, so nothing they do ever makes sense. 

I am just saying dont be disapointed if Monsters is not on there. But if it is then great.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Really surprised they sound checked The General.

Bluefish18
 Rep: 2 

Bluefish18 wrote:

So is the consensus here that The General is an older demo, not the version they were going to release last week, and has been manipulated by the leaker?  The vocals in the bridge are muddy AF, and the chorus sounds like it was recorded on a cellphone, which is too bad- with proper production, that chorus could be really special.
As for Monster- sounds like Axl auditioning for VR - pass.

dave-gnfnr

dave-gnfnr wrote:
Bluefish18 wrote:

So is the consensus here that The General is an older demo, not the version they were going to release last week, and has been manipulated by the leaker?  The vocals in the bridge are muddy AF, and the chorus sounds like it was recorded on a cellphone, which is too bad- with proper production, that chorus could be really special.
As for Monster- sounds like Axl auditioning for VR - pass.

That is what I think for the most part but I love Monsters, I think its great and the best slash has done on the old songs so far.

If it is slash on Monsters I would be curious to hear the BH and Robin version to see how different it is

If its not slash and it is Robin, then I have been praising slash all this time for nothing and I will be shocked at how much Tommy and Robin sound like VR here.

Sky Dog wrote:

This thread has really jumped the shark….nobody knows who played what and nobody knows what will happen next. We are still living out Chinese Democracy stuff. Not one thing has changed. Complete fiasco.

Board footer