You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Clear
 Rep: 0 

Re: The General and Monsters

Clear wrote:

If this isn't the guy who leaked the songs trying to tell us that those are the demos, than I don't know what to tell you. If anything his dedication is for every praise..

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
Clear wrote:

If this isn't the guy who leaked the songs trying to tell us that those are the demos, than I don't know what to tell you. If anything his dedication is for every praise..

we wont know for sure unless the leaker comes back and says where they got them from or until we hear the offical release to see if they are the same.

Tmgladden
 Rep: 2 

Tmgladden wrote:
monsterscantkillme wrote:
Tmgladden wrote:
monsterscantkillme wrote:

But you could be wrong, and you and the majority always say it is Slash and beat that to a dead horse. The ones who say Slash beat the dead horse. Nobody calls them out on it. You just single me out. We still don't know for sure. So, the debate isn't over until we know. And you know why you gang up on me and single me out? It's because I don't like Slash and worship Slash. And because I don't act like Slash is my GOD.

Dude, I don’t want slash in the band either, or duff. I want nuguns. I’ve always preferred nuguns cause that’s what I grew up with. But that doesn’t change the fact you keep yourself singled out by not just dropping it. Let it die till we know for sure

The reason I keep defending Robin and Bucket is because everybody so strongly on their end defends Slash. I'm like alone on an island. But when I say people are telling me it is Robin on the General, and that Monsters is industrial rock I'm not making it up. I've shared the songs with Robin fans on twitter, reddit, and facebook and they think it is Robin.

We aren’t defending slash, we’re stating why we think it’s slash cause ABC. Take your piercing an strident determination an use it for something else.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

The leak and live sound exactly the same so it is Slash. But it also sounds like he's playing a BH solo. It would be very interesting to hear the original takes.

I think for me this is Axl's best vocal take in the CD era. Only other thing that comes close is the scream in TWAT.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

There’s no way this dude isn’t a troll. And if not, he’s just spamming the board with nonsense.

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

misterID wrote:

There’s no way this dude isn’t a troll. And if not, he’s just spamming the board with nonsense.

Yeah and it's getting old quick

dave-gnfnr

dave-gnfnr wrote:
misterID wrote:

He is def a troll.  And he ruined two general threads

imagine calling  me of all people the biggest defender of slash when this is the first nice thing I have said about slash in over 20 years bc I think if its him on Monsters I think its his best work on the CD era stuff bc the rest was crap.

I want to know whose alt this is.

Can James just prune all his posts about Robin in both threads and dump them into a thread of its own, debating who is on these songs so it doenst ruin two threads.

dave-gnfnr

dave-gnfnr wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

The leak and live sound exactly the same so it is Slash. But it also sounds like he's playing a BH solo. It would be very interesting to hear the original takes.

I think for me this is Axl's best vocal take in the CD era. Only other thing that comes close is the scream in TWAT.

You think the general is Axls best vocal take on the CD era stuff? i think its one of his worst right up there with scrapped.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

You think the general is Axls best vocal take on the CD era stuff? i think its one of his worst right up there with scrapped.

Oh My God is also good but only in the verses. This has a great chorus.

Stuff like This I Love is too Michael Bolton for me.

dave-gnfnr

dave-gnfnr wrote:
polluxlm wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Oh My God is also good but only in the verses. This has a great chorus.

Stuff like This I Love is too Michael Bolton for me.

The chorus is the worst part of the general
Axl sounds way out of tune and his voice is super weak
It sounds like his voice from the MTV VMAS which was awful

Board footer