You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Bon Jovi Discussion

RussTCB wrote:

removed

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
RussTCB wrote:

I dug everything up through Bounce. I actually like Bounce a great deal more than Crush overall. But from the next record on, I haven't liked anything outside of the single You Wanna Make A Memory.

Yeah, I'm not saying Bon Jovi sucks or anything.  They've had some good songs here and there that I've enjoyed since 1991, but I haven't cared enough to purchase any of their CD's since then.  Could be due to the fact that I was a BIG fan when I was like 10, then went through the phase where it wasn't cool to be a guy and like Bon Jovi.  I succumbed.  I did get over that though and can now admit to liking early Bon Jovi.  But nothing they've done of late has gotten me all that excited.

Look, I KNOW they're still massively popular, and a lot of people enjoy what they're doing today.  I just am not one of them.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

I just wish they'd put out something at least as rocking as the Keep The Faith or These Days albums. They've gone way too country for my tastes over the years.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

johndivney wrote:

These Days was '94 or so? Think u need to add a few more to that 10 yrs.

I do give them stick but they do have a few awesome songs n albums & yea These Days was good. But since then theyve become even more pussified. They resigned themselves that they'd never be 'cool' & just went after the easy money. They prob didnt have the talent to do anything special anyway so just became an entertainment act rather than a rock band. Meh. My mates want me to go see them this summer & I'm kinda tempted but only due to milf/cougars that'll be there!!

faldor

faldor wrote:

These Days came out during my anti Bon Jovi period, so I missed out on that one. I have heard nothing but good things about it though, so maybe I'll give it a shot one of "These Days".

I saw them live a few years back when they opened the arena in Newark. It was good, but once is enough for me.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

These Days was 95... Keep The Faith 92, Crossroads 94, These Days 95

faldor

faldor wrote:

I don't really like how Jon sings the classic tunes.  Not sure if he ever sang them the way he did in the studio, but as far as I can remember they've been slowed down, mellowed out, etc.  And it seems to me, their music has gone in that direction as well.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
-D- wrote:

These Days was 95... Keep The Faith 92, Crossroads 94, These Days 95

Forgot about Crossroads. Even on that compilation, they released some quality new material - Someday I'll Be Saturday Night, Always, and the acoustic Prayer 94, which is killer!

Board footer