You are not logged in. Please register or login.

luckylittlelady
 Rep: 20 

Re: Will you ever give up?

If CD ever appears, I'll obtain it.

I no longer have a lot of interest in whatever goes on with GNR between now and that time.

Sky Dog wrote:

I have already given up. I still think something will be released from the Chinese Democracy sessions, but I am not sure what and not sure when....:ummm:

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:

I'll never give up. I will go through fazes where I am more interested and am on the boards more often and other times when I am not. I am going through a faze where I check in periodically. It can be very dis-heartening to think of what happened to our band. Sometimes it can be better for me to step back for a while for my own health, cause I just love this band so fucking much.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

I am amazed at how long this supposed 'negotiation' is going on. I mean its not exactly Middle East Peace talks, is it? Unless there are lawyers and ex members (incl their lawyers) involved I cannot see why the band and the record company couldn't iron out their diffrences with the band over a few days of meetings.

If there are any plans for 2008, I would expect the plan to be along the normal lines of a fall release (thanksgving). Along these lines if we don't hear a release date from them by July / August at the very latest I see another year of silence ahead of us and the usual bullshit gnr seasonal cycle.

At which point I begin to think I will totally lose interest :-(

(I say think I can be quite fickle if I want to be!)

julia (babydolls)
 Rep: 6 

Gretchen Wieners wrote:
julia (babydolls) wrote:

I do live my life -

I hope my comment about not "waiting" on the album wasn't taken out of context. I never could stand the "live your life" thing people post at other sites. Its like speaking down to people. As long as you're not dead, you are living your life. My point(and statement) was directed at people who take this album and soap opera way too seriously, to the point of venting frustrations on other people, creating fake accounts, and other insane things. I like the various discussions here and at some other sites, and there's nothing wrong with posting your feelings. Its just a bit disturbing that  a lot of people have allowed an album to consume so much of their energy and the way it breeds hostility.

Nope mate. I wouldnt and dont do the "hey , live your life, coz thats what axl says" to other people - its more in reference that I have plenty of other things that interest me musically, and other hobbies/interests to let waiting for this album become my personal point of insanity! When I first got into GnR, it was a full-on obsession where not much else outside them existed (I was 13, so there were posters to collect and plaster over my walls, scrapbooks to make, backing vocals to learn!) - but these days there is a whole breadth of other things that interest and excite me in life as well.  The fake accounts and ridiculous retorts types are way too deeply into it for me as well. I want this album released 100% and I fkn love GnR - but if that doesnt happen for another few years - I wont be bald from ripping my hair out or have bloody stumps for fingers from overkill on the old pc!

nugdafied wrote:

I gave up on Axl Rose years ago. First I gave up on him in the early 90's when he was singing like shit live, running around in gay outfits & making cheese videos. It's funny how at the height of GNR's global fame, they were already outdated here in the USA. Then, in 02, I was actually a little excited for the VMA's. You know, to see what a piece of my past was up to. Needless to say, it was pretty obvious then that the guy was a loon. I have no interest in what he has to say or the music he hires people to make for him. Axl Rose in the 80's = Ultimate Rockstar. Axl Rose since = not telling people I'm a GNR fan.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer