You are not logged in. Please register or login.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

Re: Bach Interviewed on SmartAss Radio

BLS-Pride wrote:

Bon Jovi has more fans. 100 million records sold worldwide plus they have kept on touring and touring. Also they have the whole State of New Jersey lol.

Idk man.. The younger generation seem to appreciate Guns N' Roses a lot more than bands from the 80's and early 90's. They can still strike a nerve with some younger fans and with a catchy song for a single it's easy. They may be asking where is Slash but that will be after they buy the album 16

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Pride&Glory wrote:

Bon Jovi has more fans. 100 million records sold worldwide plus they have kept on touring and touring. Also they have the whole State of New Jersey lol.

Idk man.. The younger generation seem to appreciate Guns N' Roses a lot more than bands from the 80's and early 90's. They can still strike a nerve with some younger fans and with a catchy song for a single it's easy. They may be asking where is Slash but that will be after they buy the album 16

haha more than likely...

i'm not saying that GnR is not a huge brand name or that Poison is as big of a draw as GnR...i'm just saying that the 20 year old hits are something outside of any new material...and its the same with any band..not just GnR..

just cuz GH sold 3-4 million copies to date does no way mean that CD will sell anywhere near the same

BLS-Pride

BLS-Pride wrote:

Oh I understand your point my Canadian friend but I'm using the GH sales as a example to show that interest is there and if things are done right people will see that the album can sell and make an impression with this generation.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

would definately be interesting to see the demographic sales figures on GH sales...or all recent GNR sales for that matter...it would certainly put things into perspective for what the future has in store for CD

i also agree that GnR has a certain level of interest...i mean we manage to find a new GnR mention in the media every 2-3 days...journalists wouldnt write about it if no one was interested in knowing

BLS-Pride

BLS-Pride wrote:

Exactly. And around here when ever I put on GNR in a bar (Younger people type bars) everyone jams. Actually got a round bought for me for playing Brownstone on the box.

The audience is there its a matter of if GNR can capture them.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Pride&Glory wrote:

GN'R has sold more than 90 million records worldwide and hasn't done jack shit compared to Bon Jovi as far as number of releases.

Put the greatest hits aside for a moment.   GNR right now and the last 11 years hasn't really been relevant.  Poison, Bon Jovi, Def Leppard have all put out new music, touring and not the same show over and over, some have done television.   Regardless of what GNR DID in the past and as great as it is, NOW they just aren't anything at this point.  It's alot of talk by other people but it still hasn't been backed up by product.    Did they put on a good show sure but hell it's the same exact show every year and nothing more.    I haven't seen Axl in the media this year other then one article about yet again, someone else's perspective on how CD was made and other bands taking shots, other then that, it's really not anything positive.    The Talking Metal show with BBF and Frank was the most positive for GNR as of now that I've seen all year.

Until they actually produce something they aren't relevant right now and haven't been.   They came close in 2002 and 2006 but dropped the ball yet again.

I am not saying I don't support them but it is what it is until something changes.

elmir
 Rep: 53 

elmir wrote:

also, dont forget that "relevance" is a loose term....fans in the USA relate to gnr completely differently to fans in other (third world) territories....those areas, which have been starved of rock n' roll new releases and constant tours and visits by many bands still find gnr very much relevant...

BLS-Pride

BLS-Pride wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:

Put the greatest hits aside for a moment.   GNR right now and the last 11 years hasn't really been relevant.  Poison, Bon Jovi, Def Leppard have all put out new music, touring and not the same show over and over, some have done television.   Regardless of what GNR DID in the past and as great as it is, NOW they just aren't anything at this point.  It's alot of talk by other people but it still hasn't been backed up by product.    Did they put on a good show sure but hell it's the same exact show every year and nothing more.    I haven't seen Axl in the media this year other then one article about yet again, someone else's perspective on how CD was made and other bands taking shots, other then that, it's really not anything positive.    The Talking Metal show with BBF and Frank was the most positive for GNR as of now that I've seen all year.

Until they actually produce something they aren't relevant right now and haven't been.   They came close in 2002 and 2006 but dropped the ball yet again.

I am not saying I don't support them but it is what it is until something changes.

Yeah. Thats all great but those bands minus maybe Bon Jovi could release all the music and all the reality TV they wanted too and still not be relevant in today's music. Like I said before my point was GNR has the best shot at making a dent in this generation than any of those bands you mentioned.

Pride&Glory wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:

Yeah. Thats all great but those bands minus maybe Bon Jovi could release all the music and all the reality TV they wanted too and still not be relevant in today's music. Like I said before my point was GNR has the best shot at making a dent in this generation than any of those bands you mentioned.

I'd like to see that happen and I agree that if and when they finally do their thing, I think there is good potential of that.

Board footer