You are not logged in. Please register or login.

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

Re: Who should be the next singer for VR?

supaplex wrote:
NY Giants82 wrote:

I think it would probably be Sebastian.

i think he's not an option after some negative comments he made in the press towards vr after he didn't make it the first time. can't give an exact quote right now because i'm too lazy to search 19

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Rock Star Velvet Revolver.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

I'd love to see them write an album with Dave Grohl, three guitars would be no bad thing (as we already know from nu-GNR) - zero possibility unless Dave has no FF work for a couple of years.

I'd be interested in the dynamic between VR and Chris Cornell - never going to happen either, he's supposed to be as difficult as Weiland in his own way too.

I am a little lost as to who else to choose - Mike Patton has crawled off up his own ass and many of the other vocalists with the pipes I respect are too old or too established to fit..

alexh0618
 Rep: 14 

alexh0618 wrote:

I second the Mike Ness and Dave Grohl choices but the chances of those happening are slim to none.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Yeah slash balked at the 3 guitarist thing it was one of his reasons for leaving gnr

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Grohl & Cornell are great choices. But highly unlikely, as is Ness. I just hope it isn't some generic bland metal singer. Like the guy from Dark New Day mentioned in another thread. I'd then give up on both VR & GNR if that happened. Later,

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:

I already said this in another thread, bring in Izzy.  Let he and Duff both sing(like Izzy suggested at the time), and do the tunes they wrote when it was just known as "The Project". 

In Slash's book he mentioned that they basically wrote the perfect Guns N' Roses album during that, and we'll probably never hear any of it.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

^ I wouldn't be too happy with that, the music fine but I don't think either Duff or Izzy (especially Duff) are good enough vocally to pull off a whole album of songs, I think a proper frontman's needed.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

and I dont think Izzy wants to be in a band like, wasnt that why he left in the first place? cuz they were looking for commercial success?

I think Izzy os cool to do a show here or a show there, like he did with axl gnr in 06, but for a year long grind? nah i dont think thats his thing any more

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

John Corabi would be my pick. They could go in a more heavier rock direction with him too, rather than the pop/alternative styles that were starting to come up on Libertad.
I think their potential could be awesome. Plus John plays guitar as well.

EXCELLENT choice man, kudos!  He did amazing things on the one album with Crue, in fact that was the best album (musicianship-wise) Motley ever did.  That album had Uncle Jack/Hammered/Smoke the Sky/Misunderstood and To Death Do Us Part...oh yeah, the "hit" Hooligan's Holiday too.  If you like solid rock you MUST give that album a whirl. He would be perfect for VR.

Another great choice would be Michael Monroe, perfect sound for the band.

Board footer