You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: DR. PEPPER ISSUES CHALLENGE TO AXL ROSE!

But how can you definitely be sure that CD will be out this year if GNR had nothing to do with what DR is doing.   If it's true, they are calling it a Challenge for a reason.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Backslash wrote:

There is a distinct difference between this story and the Harley ad... GNR didn't want us to talk about the Harley ad.  I guess we'll be more enlightened in the next few days about what exactly is happening.

Good call. I forgot about that.

The "next few days" thing is making me worried that this is some sort of April Fools thing though.

if it was an april fool's joke axl would know.....................

if he is not involved with this his people would have contacted dr pepper to see wtf was going on before he posted on his website, expressing his pleasure with their support. i don't think axl would set himself up for that kind of embarrassment.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:

But how can you definitely be sure that CD will be out this year if GNR had nothing to do with what DR is doing.   If it's true, they are calling it a Challenge for a reason.

I think the assessment is that for Dr. Pepper to do something like this GN'R would have to be involved. With all the lawsuits today I don't think a big company would involve a third party in anything without an agreement.

polluxlm wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:

I think the assessment is that for Dr. Pepper to do something like this GN'R would have to be involved. With all the lawsuits today I don't think a big company would involve a third party in anything without an agreement.

Then that means GNR is bullshitting that they are surprised about it then.   That's fucked up.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:
polluxlm wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:

Then that means GNR is bullshitting that they are surprised about it then.   That's fucked up.

That's marketting.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Yeah^

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i would also think that either the band or the label had a hand in this to put pressure on the other to cave to the demands in negotiation....but who knows really hmm

Sky Dog wrote:

"Movement is like a light switch though. It could happen at any time." 18

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
madagas wrote:

"Movement is like a light switch though. It could happen at any time." 18

But lightswitches don't dispense Dr P. 16

Axl S wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

That's marketting.

Why so that it just looks as though it's a real challenge and it's all a plan?  I can see that happening.

Although I still remain skepitcal.

Board footer