You are not logged in. Please register or login.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Re: DR. PEPPER ISSUES CHALLENGE TO AXL ROSE!

DoubleTalkingJive wrote:
polluxlm wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:

But how can you definitely be sure that CD will be out this year if GNR had nothing to do with what DR is doing.   If it's true, they are calling it a Challenge for a reason.

I think the assessment is that for Dr. Pepper to do something like this GN'R would have to be involved. With all the lawsuits today I don't think a big company would involve a third party in anything without an agreement.

Then that means GNR is bullshitting that they are surprised about it then.   That's fucked up.

Not really fucked up, the nature of this marketing campaign is setting GNR a challenge if GNR came out and said they were working with DP it defeats the point of the campaign because it means the 'will it/won't it come out' aspect is already known behind the scenes. I'm not saying this is definitely what's going on far from it, but if GNR are in the loop the cautious denial of knowledge from Axl makes sense.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:
polluxlm wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:

But how can you definitely be sure that CD will be out this year if GNR had nothing to do with what DR is doing.   If it's true, they are calling it a Challenge for a reason.

I think the assessment is that for Dr. Pepper to do something like this GN'R would have to be involved. With all the lawsuits today I don't think a big company would involve a third party in anything without an agreement.

Then that means GNR is bullshitting that they are surprised about it then.   That's fucked up.

'Axl never lies' wink

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

an email and response from Jacksnazzy @ HTGTH

dear mr. kooluris,

certainly you didn't anticipate with such a huge reaction because of this announcement...

i'm asking myself if the GNR camp was informed by your company about this marketing gag. is this the first step to a big promotion for the upcoming album chinese democracy ?

sincerely,

XXXXXX

answer:

Hey XXXX'¦the gunners camp wasn't in the loop initially, so you can imagine how excited we are to have Axl's support'¦we are fully confident that Chinese Democracy will be out in 2008'¦we can't wait!

C K

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Dr. Pepper should be able to lie better than that 16

Neemo wrote:

an email and response from Jacksnazzy @ HTGTH

dear mr. kooluris,

certainly you didn't anticipate with such a huge reaction because of this announcement...

i'm asking myself if the GNR camp was informed by your company about this marketing gag. is this the first step to a big promotion for the upcoming album chinese democracy ?

sincerely,

XXXXXX

answer:

Hey XXXX'¦the gunners camp wasn't in the loop initially, so you can imagine how excited we are to have Axl's support'¦we are fully confident that Chinese Democracy will be out in 2008'¦we can't wait!

C K

So this explains why GNR were surpised.   Thanks Neemo!

If CD isn't out this year, DR will have wasted their time.    I still don't see it on the official site with the other promotions they have.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Why? Whats the worst that could happen?

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

GNR is involved. Period. Like APE said, I'm not in the loop either, far from it. But Guns N Roses is a registered trademark. Therefore you cannot use it without the owners authorization without their consent. Pepsi couldn't just make a campaign "The Yankees will win the World Series" or McDonalds can't create a campaing "Batman will kick ass this summer" Without permission.

Some of you from overseas may not understand how litigious a society America is, but there really isn't any leniancy with legalities & infringement. Even if the free promotion helps Axl.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
Axl S wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

What I meant was "I see it, but I don't believe it."

Either Axl knew about it beforehand, or the record company knew about it with Axls permission (do what you want when it comes to promotion kinda thing).

This is not some 'stunt' by Dr. Pepper, but of course, the whole campaign depends on it appearing that way.

Also, it makes perfect sense. If the record was handed in some time ago this is exactly the type of promotion fitting for an album 15 years in the making.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
polluxlm wrote:
Axl S wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

What I meant was "I see it, but I don't believe it."

Either Axl knew about it beforehand, or the record company knew about it with Axls permission (do what you want when it comes to promotion kinda thing).

This is not some 'stunt' by Dr. Pepper, but of course, the whole campaign depends on it appearing that way.

Also, it makes perfect sense. If the record was handed in some time ago this is exactly the type of promotion fitting for an album 15 years in the making.

I know, I was just making a joke. But everyone missed the Dr Pepper reference sad

echrisl
 Rep: 0 

echrisl wrote:

This is smart marketing ... and I can pretty much guarantee you that's what it is, being as that there is a blurb in response to the Dr Pepper promotion on the GNR web site in less than 24 hours.  Remember how long it took for canceled show information to make it onto that same web site during past tours?  You really think there'd be an out of the blue response from Axl in less than 24 hours after the story broke any other way?  Seems unlikely.  Not complaining, mind you, this is a good sign from where I'm sitting, just saying, there's a lot going on (behind the scenes, that is ... or at least more than usual, which is to say nothing big_smile ).

Board footer