You are not logged in. Please register or login.

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

Re: DR. PEPPER ISSUES CHALLENGE TO AXL ROSE!

TheMole wrote:
Communist China wrote:

^ At least Dr. Pepper didn't offer to shit in BH's bucket. They have more taste than certain band members do. Certain band members that add nothing to the band's sound and aren't name Richard or Frank.

Cheers, I laughed out loud when I read that 16

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Haha. This made Axl update the web page? Not his most loyal fans begging for information on things that are important? Ah well at least Dr. Pepper still has faith.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

I still think this is purely an indepdent marketing idea by Dr Pepper with nothing to do with GN'R.

GN'R have seen the huge interest it has created and decided to run with it.  What was their other option - bascially tell Dr Pepper to fuck off? - in which case fans would moan and read this as a confirmation that CD is not gonna come out this year either or probably any other year.

But by Axl responding to it promptly with what he said it has fans talking about this and whether its true or not etc.  Very clever by the GN'R spin machine, it's another good way to take the heat off and have fans getting excited rather than bitching about no album.  Just when the GN'R camp thought there was nobody left to blame for the album not being out this comes out of left field.  No wonder they are running with it.

echrisl
 Rep: 0 

echrisl wrote:
Aussie wrote:

I still think this is purely an indepdent marketing idea by Dr Pepper with nothing to do with GN'R.

GN'R have seen the huge interest it has created and decided to run with it.  What was their other option - bascially tell Dr Pepper to fuck off? - in which case fans would moan and read this as a confirmation that CD is not gonna come out this year either or probably any other year.

But by Axl responding to it promptly with what he said it has fans talking about this and whether its true or not etc.  Very clever by the GN'R spin machine, it's another good way to take the heat off and have fans getting excited rather than bitching about no album.  Just when the GN'R camp thought there was nobody left to blame for the album not being out this comes out of left field.  No wonder they are running with it.

Just my opinion, of course, but it seems to me that if GNR wasn't in on this from the start their response to it would have been the same as their response to everything else that isn't singers in bands no one has ever heard of accusing Axl of being *gasp* standoffish and anti-social ... no response at all.

P.S.  Just curious, you're suggesting they'll blame Dr Pepper if the album doesn't come out in 2008 to take the heat off themselves?  How would that go?  (I guess it could lend itself to an amusing fiasco ... 16 )

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Communist China wrote:

Whatever brings the album out, beyond the death of people, I'm for it.

For CD to come out, people just might have to die. Seriously.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Aussie

Aussie wrote:
echrisl wrote:
Aussie wrote:

Just my opinion, of course, but it seems to me that if GNR wasn't in on this from the start their response to it would have been the same as their response to everything else that isn't singers in bands no one has ever heard of accusing Axl of being *gasp* standoffish and anti-social ... no response at all.

P.S.  Just curious, you're suggesting they'll blame Dr Pepper if the album doesn't come out in 2008 to take the heat off themselves?  How would that go?  (I guess it could lend itself to an amusing fiasco ... 16 )

lol - I wouldn't put it past them, but nahh I just meant that their bag of excuses for placating fans is empty so they couldn't even throw us a bone to settle us down and keep us quiet - until this came along possibly out of the blue.

That said I hope I'm wrong and that this is part of some grand clever marketing plan that GN'R have been in on from the start.  But if that's the case why not use the drink Pepsi instead of Dr Pepper (it's more internationally recognised).

echrisl
 Rep: 0 

echrisl wrote:
Aussie wrote:
echrisl wrote:
Aussie wrote:

lol - I wouldn't put it past them, but nahh I just meant that their bag of excuses for placating fans is empty so they couldn't even throw us a bone to settle us down and keep us quiet - until this came along possibly out of the blue.

That said I hope I'm wrong and that this is part of some grand clever marketing plan that GN'R have been in on from the start.  But if that's the case why not use the drink Pepsi instead of Dr Pepper (it's more internationally recognised).

You could be right, if so, I am very surprised they would respond to this in any way ... as for why if it's planned they would go with Dr Pepper, my guess would be that a more globally recognized company would stand to give away a lot more product than a somewhat smaller one, and thus might not have been interested, figuring the cost would be too great.  Or maybe Axl just loves Dr Pepper?

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:
Aussie wrote:

why not use the drink Pepsi instead of Dr Pepper (it's more internationally recognised).

Easy... Dr Pepper tastes better and Axl didn't want to set his cornrows on fire.

Aussie

Aussie wrote:
echrisl wrote:
Aussie wrote:
echrisl wrote:

You could be right, if so, I am very surprised they would respond to this in any way ... as for why if it's planned they would go with Dr Pepper, my guess would be that a more globally recognized company would stand to give away a lot more product than a somewhat smaller one, and thus might not have been interested, figuring the cost would be too great.  Or maybe Axl just loves Dr Pepper?

I was told by someone else earlier in the thread that Dr Pepper is owned by Pepsi anyhow.  But your post still makes sense - a drink like Pepsi would have a much bigger market share than a drink like Dr Pepper (even just looking at the USA), so if people did claim you would presume that there would be less people getting off their butt to claim a Dr Pepper as opposed to a Pepsi - therefore less cost.

Board footer