You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Re: DR. PEPPER ISSUES CHALLENGE TO AXL ROSE!

Aussie wrote:

Yeah if it's not part of a GN'R marketing campaign - I bet they probably wish it was now.  Mind you as you say they are getting the exposure for CD anyhow. 

However, it's all wasted exsposure if the album is not at a stage where it could be released in the near future to take advantage of the media publicity.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

here's an email response from cadbury/schwepps...from chinesedemocracy.com

March 26, 2008
Dear Mr. XXXXXX:

Thank you for contacting us about Dr Pepper.  Your comments and inquiries are
appreciated because they provide valuable feedback about our brands.

We would like to advise you that the statement on this website is true. Please
stay tuned we will have more information on this shortly.

Cadbury Schweppes has been making great brands that people love for more than
200 years. We are proud of our family of beverage and confectionery products and
are committed to providing a wide range of choices for all individuals.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us. We hope that you will continue to
purchase and enjoy our products.

Sincerely,

Consumer Relations

Aussie

Aussie wrote:

Very intersting - it's good to know BH's stuff will be on it.

Sounds like they have simply decided to go with it - any promotion is good promotion!!!

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

Surprised to see this gain such a quick response from Axl.

edit: not that its a bad thing. Just weird that this is a story he would choose to comment on if he had no assosciation with it.

BurningHills
 Rep: 15 

BurningHills wrote:

AXL SPEAKS!

From htgth:

We are surprised and very happy to have the support of Dr. Pepper with our album Chinese Democracy as for us this came totally out of the blue. If there is any involvement with this promotion by our record company or others we are unaware of such at this time. And as some of Buckethead's performances are on our album I'll share my Dr. Pepper with him.

Axl Rose

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:
Neemo wrote:

well Jarmo finally posted it himself with a message from Axl .... holy fucking hell yikes so i guess its real

and Buckethead will appear on CD as well so thats 2 rumors confirmed i guess

We are surprised and very happy to have the support of Dr. Pepper with our album Chinese Democracy as for us this came totally out of the blue. If there is any involvement with this promotion by our record company or others we are unaware of such at this time. And as some of Buckethead's performances are on our album I'll share my Dr. Pepper with him.

Axl Rose

Absolutely crazy!!  Any Americans here not like Dr Pepper?  If the album comes out this year, send your can to me... I'll give it a good home.

The bigger news of course, is confirmation from Axl himself that Buckethead will still be on the album.  That's huge!!

At the same time, I'm not sure if the promotion is positive toward the band as it's poking fun at the saga.  Dr Pepper is so willing to bet that CD will not come out this year that they're offering free products to everyone nationwide (which would devastate the company) if they lose.  I wouldn't bet on that free drink just yet.

On the contrary, this is a very good thing.  Now's the time for the band and label to partner up with the Dr Pepper people to promote the hell out of the thing this year.  Every copy comes with that "Free Dr Pepper" coupon.  Stick a Dr Pepper sticker on the packaging... that's endorsement.  Lots of royalty money for the label, whether or not the album sells.  Further, this nationwide campaign from Dr Pepper would give the band and the record a shitload of promotion, especially if Dr Pepper's campaign says something along the "We were wrong, CD came out this year... get your copy now!" lines.  That's certainly free publicity and shoving it in everyone's face.

Meanwhile, if Dr Pepper sends out the free sample to everyone in America, while there would be initial costs, it would certainly expose the product to a lot of people who have never tried it before.  Certainly, a percentage of these individuals will enjoy the taste and become Dr Pepper regulars, leading to profits for the company.

Holy hell, this might actually allow the album to finally see the light of day after all.

Either that, or it's all an April Fool's joke from the Dr Pepper people...

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i just bought a 12 pack of dr pepper 2 days ago 16

i'm a pepper, hes a pepper wouldnt ya like to be a pepper too? 9 16

Sky Dog wrote:

Not so fast my friend....they actually had a new Gnr song in a Harley ad that was ready to roll. We saw what happened with that.

Aussie

Aussie wrote:

What about a free can for people that don't live in the USA - the world doesn't end at the borders of the USA.

If this really was going to be something that GN'R decided to partner up with as a promotional tool simply because of all the interest they have seen has been suddenly generated by a clever independent marketing campaign done to promote Dr Pepper - what about the rest of the world.  I don't believe Dr Pepper is sold her in Oz except for the odd speciality store - what about Europe or South America do they have any market share there?

It's not gonna happen!!!  If they were really gonna partner up with some type of left field advertising like this - they would do it with an international giant like Coke or Pepsi.

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:

For the record, it's not just from htgth anymore

http://www.gunsnroses.com/

Board footer