You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: Velvet Revolver "fires" Scott Weiland

Neemo wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

The ONLY reason I'd be ok with Bach is if it somehow helps to bridge the gap between Slash and Axl.  VR with bach would be a nostalgia act, and if I'm going to have that, let me have the original GnR back together.  2008 - 2010 CD and a VR album, 2011 GnR reunion.  2012 - the end of the world.

I HONESTLY THOUGHT THE SAME EXACT THING THIS MORNING ON MY DRIVE TO WORK.

and if they only need one album to finish off VR maybe Slash Duff and Matt  are thinking the same thing...that once the VR contract is up that Baz may be a good stepping stone to a GnR reunion

Will
 Rep: 227 

Re: Velvet Revolver "fires" Scott Weiland

Will wrote:

If Bach is chosen as the singer it won't bridge gaps between Axl and Slash. Read the original post in this thread again:

Slash wrote:

"his increasingly erratic on-stage behavior and personal problems have forced us to move on."

Axl has to be considered just as erratic imo. If Slash cant work with Scott I don't see him (or Axl for that matter) suddenly deciding to work together again simply because Bach is friends to both.

If VR is legally obliged to turn in one more record to the label they should call up Izzy and have those studio takes from 2000 remastered. Izz took vocal duty on the tracks and they could easily record and mix Dave into the fold. Slash spoke of the demos as being the closest-to-GNR sound recorded. Izz originally offered to tour with Slash, Duff and Matt providing it was a low-key, rent-a-van-and-hit-the-road style tour big_smile

I'd take Bach fronting VR over Scott any day of the week. I've never been able to enjoy VR (recorded or live) as I find Scotts vocals bland and uninspiring - and not in a cool Keef-esque way either tongue

Board footer