You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: Robin back in NIN. Temp or not is the question?

PaSnow wrote:

After 8 pages I think everythings been said. This surely doesn't indicate CD will be released in the Spring/Summer 08. However, as for a permanent change in GnR, it really doesn't say anything either way. Still, I wouldn't call it "Good news" in the least.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

the fragility tour spanned from Nov 14, 1999 - July 9, 2000 - 8 months...77 Dates

for With Teeth NIN toured from Mar 23, 2005 - July 8th, 2006 - 17 Months...172 dates

for Year Zero Nin Toured from Feb 10th, 2007 - Sept 18, 2007 - 8 Months...83 dates and no US dates

so, to me, this says robin is out of gnr from 8 months to a year and half starting in late July of this year

so ... by my assumptions ..... Robin will be touring with NIN from July 25, 2008 until anywhere between March 2009 - January 2010, of course we dont know anything for sure until we get more confimations from either NIN or GnR as to the expected tenure of Robin's involvement with Trent...jsut putting the Ghosts wour in perspective with the last 3 NIN tours 19

http://www.ninwiki.com/Tours

so to answer war's post

war wrote:

robin would be available to tour with gnr in late '08 or early '09 tour IN SUPPORT OF A LATE '08 CD RELEASE which is most likely the earliest it can come out at this point anyways.

i say early 09 at the very very earliest...maybe in time for the 09 summer tour season

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Another point to consider is that NIN will be playing to larger crowds than new GN'R does. Even after CD is out, it's hard to say which would be a bigger draw.

Conditions certainly look more stable in NIN, Trent being sober and active; more excited about music than seemingly ever before. This NIN tour will probably go along with very few hitches. A CD tour with Axl could fall apart at any moment.

If I'm Robin, this NIN tour is a test. If it goes well, why go back? He'll be on the album regardless.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
Neemo wrote:

the fragility tour spanned from Nov 14, 1999 - July 9, 2000 - 8 months...77 Dates

for With Teeth NIN toured from Mar 23, 2005 - July 8th, 2006 - 17 Months...172 dates

for Year Zero Nin Toured from Feb 10th, 2007 - Sept 18, 2007 - 8 Months...83 dates and no US dates

so, to me, this says robin is out of gnr from 8 months to a year and half starting in late July of this year

so ... by my assumptions ..... Robin will be touring with NIN from July 25, 2008 until anywhere between March 2009 - January 2010, of course we dont know anything for sure until we get more confimations from either NIN or GnR as to the expected tenure of Robin's involvement with Trent...jsut putting the Ghosts wour in perspective with the last 3 NIN tours 19

http://www.ninwiki.com/Tours

so to answer war's post

war wrote:

robin would be available to tour with gnr in late '08 or early '09 tour IN SUPPORT OF A LATE '08 CD RELEASE which is most likely the earliest it can come out at this point anyways.

i say early 09 at the very very earliest...maybe in time for the 09 summer tour season

certainly a worst case scenario

Neemo

Neemo wrote:
war wrote:

maybe...but i'm assuming that Robin will be the lead for NIN for the duration of the World Tour...will they start a world tour in July and end in September? thats only 2 months dude even till november is 4 months

gnr's world tour in 06 lasted from May until december then 2 months in 07 for june july...10 months 18 months if you count the time off at the start of 07 sad

anyway we dont know the story until a statement is made right?

but i say March 09 is best case for robin to return...it still is possible that the album gets released for Xmas '08 and then starting in march they appear on late night shows with robin back on lead duties i think that is a quite plausible scenario...though we've been hoping for nov album releases for the last 8 years 16

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
Neemo wrote:
war wrote:

maybe...but i'm assuming that Robin will be the lead for NIN for the duration of the World Tour...will they start a world tour in July and end in September? thats only 2 months dude even till november is 4 months

gnr's world tour in 06 lasted from May until december then 2 months in 07 for june july...10 months 18 months if you count the time off at the start of 07 sad

anyway we dont know the story until a statement is made right?

but i say March 09 is best case for robin to return...it still is possible that the album gets released for Xmas '08 and then starting in march they appear on late night shows with robin back on lead duties i think that is a quite plausible scenario...though we've been hoping for nov album releases for the last 8 years 16

don't xmas releases usually come out in november for shopping season?

Neemo

Neemo wrote:
war wrote:

don't xmas releases usually come out in november for shopping season?

yep

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Robin Finck goes to tour with NIN for the rest of 2008. I think that's pretty much safe to say. Just what does that tell you people? You won't see the album this year at all. That's certainly NOT good as we all expected it would come out this year due to the previous rumours and halfway confirmations done.

So even if he IS in GNR but just tours with NIN to cover dead time then I would say that says a lot. For me it's a setback beyond most of what's been going on the past years. I thought with BH gone this band would be close to finished but they got that taken care of. If Stinson or Finck quits then that's just it. Then it's not a band but a parody.

If Finck just quit then I would say pretty much that that's it for this project. How can you go on tour without your two most important contributors to your albums in Finck and BH? You can replace people up to some point but you at least have to have them onstage when you promote your album.

So, best case, Finck is still in GNR and that means another year of nothing. And that is your BEST case scenario.

What the fuck?

DCK wrote:

So, best case, Finck is still in GNR and that means another year of nothing. And that is your BEST case scenario.

from a GnR perspective, that is correct.   

for those of us who like and respect Robin, we will get to see him do what he does best this year - perform. 3

Board footer