You are not logged in. Please register or login.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

Re: Robin back in NIN. Temp or not is the question?

DCK wrote:

You definitely won't be missed.
Good riddance if fakegnr fans leave and just fuck off.

Yes, you know what's best sonny. After all these years Im a fake GNR fan.

I'll be fucking off then. 14

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:

'02 gnr tour us

'04 tommy listens to final mixes

'04 buckethead leaves

'06 gnr tour us & rest of world

'08 album is finished (again 16 )

'08 robin finck goes to nin

i'm booking tickets for the gnr 2010 world tour tongue no cd out of course 16

i'm biased, i like this line-up but if i could go by preference i'd have a reunion or a bucket/fortus gnr line-up.

anyway, why do they stir shit up with every occasion? why can't my favorite band be normal for a change?

and to all people saying it doesn't mean shit that robin is going to nin for a us tour: get a fucking clue. who goes on tour with another mainstream band if their current band has an album done and "close" to release?

i think the main problem with all of us is that we found out about robin from the nin website. i, personally, would have appreciated it much more and it would have seemd a lot more logical to find out about this from axl or his "new" management team.

if they would have released something like: "we are working on releasing the album and meanwhile robin will tour with nin until we sort things out" that would have been a lot more respectful to the fans in my humble opinion. after so many years we were all on the same page, no reunion talks, a lot of positivity after the dr pepper thing, fans were positive. so, why not fuck with them another time?

DCK

DCK wrote:

and to all people saying it doesn't mean shit that robin is going to nin for a us tour: get a fucking clue. who goes on tour with another mainstream band if their current band has an album done and "close" to release?

i think the main problem with all of us is that we found out about robin from the nin website. i, personally, would have appreciated it much more and it would have seemd a lot more logical to find out about this from axl or his "new" management team.

Couldnt have said it better myself.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
elmir wrote:

its interesting how no one really gets upset and starts reading into anything if Ron or Richard or Dizzy decide to do anything solo....but when Robin does it....its the end of the world.

do you seriously think that Elmir? tell me lets play a little sesame street game

Which of these things is not like the Other?
Hookers N Blow
Bumblefoot Solo
Q*Ball
Nena
Japan X
Soul Asylum
Village Gorilla Head
LedZAerial
Zaum
Nine Inch Nails

DCK wrote:

a reunion would for me sound like a complete sell out

A band that sold billions of copies and has a $13,000,000 advance sold out a long fucking time ago...not sure i understand your angle...GnR is a money making machine....it exists to make money there is nothign left to sell out

DCK

DCK wrote:

A band that sold billions of copies and has a $13,000,000 advance sold out a long fucking time ago...not sure i understand your angle...GnR is a money making machine....it exists to make money there is nothign left to sell out

For the past 10 years we have been presented a new Guns N Roses, with 3-4 core members being there basically for that time. It's not your every day band. We have accepted it, supported it, and defended it for a long time. 10 years.

I'm not talking money here mate, I'm talking about Axl basically selling out all of his ideas and plans for a reunion and I'm not following it. When I chose to support this band 10 years ago it was all in. It's like you support your rulers plan of revolution and making a new little country and you fight for it but then the leader just drops the whole thing and unites with the previous country. I would feel a little bit betrayed for my efforts.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo

Neemo wrote:
russtcb wrote:
DCK wrote:

For the past 10 years we have been presented a new Guns N Roses, with 3-4 core members being there basically for that time. It's not your every day band. We have accepted it, supported it, and defended it for a long time. 10 years.

I'm not talking money here mate, I'm talking about Axl basically selling out all of his ideas and plans for a reunion and I'm not following it. When I chose to support this band 10 years ago it was all in. It's like you support your rulers plan of revolution and making a new little country and you fight for it but then the leader just drops the whole thing and unites with the previous country. I would feel a little bit betrayed for my efforts.

I agree with a lot of what you're saying.

ok cool i understand your POV now..even though its a bit fanatical but thats cool 16 19

for the record I've always wanted to hear "Axl's Vision" before a reunion...and a reunion is just a dream at this time anyway. Lets wait til we get a statement before treating it like anything other than one possible scenario out of many 19

DCK

DCK wrote:

for the record I've always wanted to hear "Axl's Vision" before a reunion...and a reunion is just a dream at this time anyway. Lets wait til we get a statement before treating it like anything other than one possible scenario out of many

Well that would be all nice. Tommy said "get onboard or fuck off" and I was onboard way before that. Im waiting for Chinese Democracy or I will go down trying. I'll be happy for all the GNR fans seeing a reunion happening but it will taste bitter in my mouth.

But, a reunion isn't happening anytime soon anyway. The only way I could go along with it is if Axl does this first and takes a break and then does the reunion.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

at the same time I'm a bit of an idealist myself

and james and i have discussed this a few times...over anything else IF & When they release CD i would ideally wanna see the band who recorded the album be the band who tours it live

IF robin left then its looking more and more like that wont be the case at all

Tobias....gone
Buckethead....gone
Brain....gone
Robin...????

like sic. said earlier half the Vegas/RIR lineup is gone.... the band is breaking up peice by peice...its like the early 90s all over again with a new cast of characters sad

the only difference this time around is that at least in 1991 GnR released UYI I, UYI II, TSI then the SFTD cover before it all went to shit...this time we have nothing :wtf:

DCK

DCK wrote:

like sic. said earlier half the Vegas/RIR lineup is gone.... the band is breaking up peice by peice...its like the early 90s all over again with a new cast of characters

Im going with the 2002 thing. Tobias was never supposed to be a permanent member anyway. And the core is whats important. Axl, Stinson, Finck, Reed. I dont like the drumming issue very much but I can go with it.

Board footer