You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Saboteur
 Rep: 4 

Re: Robin back in NIN. Temp or not is the question?

Saboteur wrote:

Trent Reznor has revealed the newest touring lineup of Nine Inch Nails. Former NIN guitarist Robin Finck (who most recently was a member of Guns N' Roses) will rejoin Reznor after an eight-year absence (and send Axl Rose searching the want ads).

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/i … ob-zombie/

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
war wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:
war wrote:

i think that is why some of us are freaking out. this new management team knows what they are doing and know how and when to commnicate to the band's fanbase. the fact that they haven't updated us, certainly knowing that they have our attention, leads me to believe that something, other than a routine tour with nin by robin, is definitely going on behind the scenes. the notion of a reunion, bucket coming back, or slash coming back are all pheasable scenarios to consider and discuss, some more so than others. in any event, i feel that something has changed within the band's regular lineup and they are still trying to figure it out and/or when to tell us.

I could never see Slash coming back with the current GNR line up.

i could, if they got rid of atleast one of the current guitar players

anyways, all three if you missed the point of my post and managed to pick one little part out of it, which i even described myself as unlikely, to disagree that it would happen.

i reitterate:

i think that some of us are freaking out because this new management team knows what they are doing and know how and when to commnicate to the band's fanbase. the fact that they haven't updated us, knowing that they have our attention, leads me to believe that something, other than a routine tour with nin, is definitely going on behind the scenes concerning robin's pending departure. the notion of a reunion, bucket coming back, or slash coming back are all pheasable scenarios to consider and discuss, some more so than others (SLASH COMING BACK). in any event, i feel that something significant has happened or changed within the band's regular lineup and they are still trying to figure out how to deal with it before they can tell us what's going on. if he was only leaving to tour for a few months and plans to come right back they would have known well enough to update us by now, unless nobody from gnr has been online in the last three days.

i do not think this has been considered by anyone yet so here goes: robin didn't agree with new management's direction and jumped ship. possible???

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

robin didn't agree with new management's direction and jumped ship. possible???

Doubt it. NIN and Robin have probably been lurking in the shadows for a while now. In my honest opinion I think the management got caught with their pants down when that picture was on NIN's website and I doubt Axl had a clue too.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
DCK wrote:

Doubt it. NIN and Robin have probably been lurking in the shadows for a while now. In my honest opinion I think the management got caught with their pants down when that picture was on NIN's website and I doubt Axl had a clue too.

Probably right.  How long did it take Axl to respond to the Dr Pepper thing? 

Exactly.

war

war wrote:
DCK wrote:

you mean you think this was discussed a while ago between trent and robin and before management was hired, but was kep secret until now?

i thought about that too.

on the flip side. one might wonder if management was hired a while ago and kept secret. i still am not convinced the dr pepper thing was not a leak to a promo gnr and dr peper has been planning since before the whole thing came out a few days. in which case he could have gotten a few months too much of managment and jumped ship. i doubt it myself and am just playing the devil's advocate.

DCK

DCK wrote:

you mean you think this was discussed a while ago between trent and robin and before management was hired, but was kep secret until now?

I'm not sure, but I doubt it was done just a few days ago.

When Axl saw that Dr. Pepper thing he immediately replied to it. Maybe it was a set-up between the management and Dr. Pepper or maybe it was just as sudden as Axl pointed out, but nevertheless, in this case I strongly suspect Axl had no idea just what Finck was doing. I would imagine the management is having talks right now about just what the hell they can do with this car-crash.

war

war wrote:
DCK wrote:

I'm not sure, but I doubt it was done just a few days ago.

When Axl saw that Dr. Pepper thing he immediately replied to it. Maybe it was a set-up between the management and Dr. Pepper or maybe it was just as sudden as Axl pointed out, but nevertheless, in this case I strongly suspect Axl had no idea just what Finck was doing. I would imagine the management is having talks right now about just what the hell they can do with this car-crash.

i agree 100 percent and is what i have been saying
if they saw this coming axl or management would have updated us by now

DCK

DCK wrote:

I'm not even sure they even will update us. I'm not trusting their lines of communication one bit.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

DCK wrote:

I'm not even sure they even will update us. I'm not trusting their lines of communication one bit.

It's a bit of a baptism of fire for management, lets see how they handle it.

war

war wrote:
DCK wrote:

i don't blame you for feeling that way. it's really wierd predicting that they will. beleive me, it's only the new management that is making me think they will update us.

Board footer