You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: Robin back in NIN. Temp or not is the question?

Neemo wrote:

i was just looking there to see what Jarmo had to say on the matter....he was on this morning in that thread but didnt post...obviously he has contacted mysteron or beta or whoever he gets his info from within the band and is waiting to know more about the situation before he posts anything...

for the record HTGTH was the last of the boards to have the news last night...whether it was cuz they were deleting it or not i dont know but i was watchign waiting to see when it would get posted...and our man -Jack- broke the ice 22 (speaking of which i should give jack karma for giving gnrevolution and madagas props)

Arcade Roses
 Rep: 5 

Arcade Roses wrote:
Neemo wrote:

and our man -Jack- broke the ice 22 (speaking of which i should give jack karma for giving gnrevolution and madagas props)

Mygnr had it first.:D

-Jack- got the press release first though.

Locomotive98
 Rep: 17 

Locomotive98 wrote:

I don't think hes gone permanently. I'm sure he's just on loan. I wouldn't be gutted if he was, I always thought he was pretty unimpressive.

It just seems odd for someone to spend 10 years of their life working on something and then jump ship just as its (supposedly) finished and edging towards a release. Maybe he got fired!

Sky Dog wrote:

the sad thing is that even before this news broke, I didn't think the album was any closer to release than it was in 1999. :sick:

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Locomotive98 wrote:

I don't think hes gone permanently. I'm sure he's just on loan. I wouldn't be gutted if he was, I always thought he was pretty unimpressive.

Robin's been in this from the start, besides Axl the cornerstones of this project were/are Robin and Tommy. It's been said many times that if either of those guys were to leave the project then it's effectively dead and it's probably true. Whilst Axl has the name there will always be a GNR and he could hire another guitarist or bassist but given the years of delays already and the time it would take to rerecord and maybe rewrite and perfect the album all over again we could honestly be looking at another 2-4 years of silence minimum. By the time CD would be ready to launch again nobody would be left to care, assuming other members hadn't got sick of waiting again and left as well.

Whether people like Robin or not isn't the issue here, without him I don't see CD ever coming out.

Hopefully though all the above is hypothetical and Robin has returned to NIN whilst still remaining in GNR during some quiet time. The frustrating thing is the last few weeks didn't feel like quiet time, it really seemed like progress was being made and then this is announced, it really feels like a major step back.

ibelieveinaxl
 Rep: 4 

Neemo wrote:

i was just looking there to see what Jarmo had to say on the matter....he was on this morning in that thread but didnt post...obviously he has contacted mysteron or beta or whoever he gets his info from within the band and is waiting to know more about the situation before he posts anything...

for the record HTGTH was the last of the boards to have the news last night...whether it was cuz they were deleting it or not i dont know but i was watchign waiting to see when it would get posted...and our man -Jack- broke the ice 22 (speaking of which i should give jack karma for giving gnrevolution and madagas props)

i was banned from ////'s site, so i cant read it. but, i know several people on there and they said that ///// was a mad woman last night. he was caught off guard about this. he does not get anymore info from the band and he is trying to save face. the inner circle will not deal with him anymore and he gets no news, no updates. im curious what www.heretodaygonetohellandleft.com will turn out to be . all i know is that it will take the ball from where ////'s site was and make it better. i have no news as to when it will go "live" if ever. if robin is out, this version is dead and we have a reunion...

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

I don't think Robin left GN'R... Maybe he's thinking of it since the album is done yet ain't get released, and the guy is testing the water...how would it turn out to reteam with Trent? But the main thing for GN'R fact is that even the lead guitarist of the band doesn't see a chance for CD to come out in the next 6 months. And Axl wanted to release it in March, 2007, saying it takes only 8 weeks to get released after being completed. roll

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Its time for an update of some kind from GNR.

I want to know:

1. Has robin left the band or is he just filling in time till the release of the album.

2. A revised tentative release date.

3. If we cant be given a date, yet we know the album is done, then I want a REASON for the delay. If its because they've decided to change it fine, if its cos the record label won't pay axl what he wants, fine, But just tell us something to get us out of the dark like this. I know you can't always spill goss publicly in business deals - its unprofessional - but its wouldnt hurt to give us some minor details about what the state of play is regarding the album, and if its legal issues or whatever that is holding it up now. I don't know about everyone else...I'll wait FOREVER to hear it..and be happy to do so...but It does get annoying to never know WHY it never comes out. Every year there is some tidbit given eg Tommy listening to the "final mixes" in like 2004 or soemthing..or the tentative date in 07...then every time we get nothing and usually no reason why the plans failed.

I guess it comes out when it comes out and its not my business right. And i knwo realisticly theres not much chance of me getting a statement on any of these topics. I just can't understand what they'd loose by doing it...like seriously...a few casual comments here and there would build up hype and improve sales when it does come out surely.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

ibelieveinaxl wrote:
Neemo wrote:

i was banned from ////'s site, so i cant read it. but, i know several people on there and they said that ///// was a mad woman last night. he was caught off guard about this. he does not get anymore info from the band and he is trying to save face. the inner circle will not deal with him anymore and he gets no news, no updates. im curious what www.heretodaygonetohellandleft.com will turn out to be . all i know is that it will take the ball from where ////'s site was and make it better. i have no news as to when it will go "live" if ever. if robin is out, this version is dead and we have a reunion...

Could you leave the anti Jarmo stuff out of this thread it's neither relevent to the topic nor how things are done here. You know where Jarmo is if you've got a problem with him.

That site is clearly going to have nothing to do with GNR in any official capacity and is being made solely to get back at Jarmo. As it's neither live nor legit please stop quoting it.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

And Axl wanted to release it in March, 2007, saying it takes only 8 weeks to get released after being completed. roll

That's what bugs me. I just want them to say SOMETHING to explain the wait. Like seriously..axl could release a statement that says "I'm going to release the album on 1/3/2034 - why? Becasue that's the date i WANT to and kiss my ass if you don't like it" and i'd remain a fan and be happy to wait.

The thing thats harsh is stuff like missing the tentative date by over a year and not only not commenting on it, but the band appearing to go into shut-down mode.

Board footer