You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

Re: New Del James interview on Suicide Girls website

bigbri wrote:

Buckethead never updates his fans, never talks directly to them and rarely is interviewed anywhere. Yet we are a happy bunch because he tours, releases music, allows taping at shows (GNR need to do this) and gives out free music every once in a while. He proves you don't have to communicate to your fans to keep them happy, but you do have to do SOMETHING every once in a while.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Buckethead never updates his fans, never talks directly to them and rarely is interviewed anywhere. Yet we are a happy bunch because he tours, releases music, allows taping at shows (GNR need to do this) and gives out free music every once in a while. He proves you don't have to communicate to your fans to keep them happy, but you do have to do SOMETHING every once in a while.

Good points bigbri, Bucket doesn't do these things BUT (as you said) he RELEASES MUSIC and does some other things that communicates to his fans through his art.  With Axl we get no comments, no music and worse yet...no respect.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
Abbey_Road wrote:

Not saying you are guilty of this but GNR stopped updating us because people complained all the time.  When they played Don't Cry in Japan, people still bitched about the set list, etc.

Axl sung Don't Cry? How did I miss that. 10

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

Like I said in another thread, makes me wander when (or I suppose if) there is ever a release set for this album Axl will bother to promote it himself, or simply rely on marketing tie ins and the likes of Sebastian Bach and Del James to do it for him.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I thought his answers involving Axl were... a little embarrassing.

The history behind Without you was interesting, but some of it struck me as a little
childish. Like a 12 year old defending his girlfriend.

You think Dizzy and Tommy appreciate him spilling the beans about keeping a few
suicide girls on their bus? 16

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:
misterID wrote:

I thought his answers involving Axl were... a little embarrassing.

The history behind Without you was interesting, but some of it struck me as a little
childish. Like a 12 year old defending his girlfriend.

You think Dizzy and Tommy appreciate him spilling the beans about keeping a few
suicide girls on their bus? 16

I wouldn't be surprised if its been over a year since Tommy and Dizzy have seen Del. Or Axl

bigbri wrote:

This statement is right on point.   If they did something on a consistent basis the fans wouldn't bitch like they do.   I love how it's turned around onto the fans when all they've done in the past decade is break promises that have been spoken about the album [and they expect no one to bitch after what the 6th year of nothing] and have extremely long breaks with NOTHING and then when they do tour it's the same damn tour with 2 new songs added [because of leaks] and the same older songs with Don't Cry thrown in and that was because of BBF and UTLH.

Look, I like the updates and don't bitch about them but the excuse of the fans bitching is extremely old after all this time and still this band has produced absolutely nothing.   When they produce something new and the fans still bitch then they have the right to complain about that.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Haha tell us how you really feel, russt.

DTJ - My favorite comment is when we get the rare vague update from Del on the
website after months of silence, and its followed by the axlites complaining about our
bitching for updates that we're never happy with the updates we get.

The funny thing is, the majority of updates the fans get are BECAUSE of our bitchng.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I don't see why its bad for GNR to put out this kind of thing. I agree its lame not to update about CD - but thats kinda a different issue to me. Like the way I see it - as GNR fans - most of us would have some interest (all be it minor or passing) in anyone/anything connected to GNR - and Del's story was the inspiration for a GNR video and he is a friend of the band - so that means the kinda people who are fans on myspace may have a passing or casual interest in what he says. Same reason we all clicked this thread to see what it was. No big deal.

Board footer