You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: This just on Blabbermouth

Sky Dog wrote:

it's not about Axl and I am not making comparisons...he has plenty of his own issues.:haha:

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i thought the volkswagon thing was cool as hell... 9

I just think the more exposure that he gets it makes him that much more sought after...it increases his legacy, its the way of the world...sponsorships and cameo appearances are what makes the world go round these days....no different than Zepplin or Smiths or the police promoting various commercials

and since Axl controls the back catalogue he would have to havea say right? when GnR is used? well why is Slash the guy getting the flack for Guitar Hero? Should Axl have said you can use the song but not if Slash is in the game....i dunno I still dont see a problem with it....the entertainment industry is about selling out...they arent getting the $$$ from album sales anymore, might as well do sponsorships

the fact that he has played for so many different artists should show that he is versatile as well, you want Slash? well he can make it work..what ever you want...hell hes even working on a new cartoon series or soemthing...He's got a new sig series guitar for Gibson and Epiphone...awesome

Its all awesome IMO 22

myillusions
 Rep: 5 

myillusions wrote:

As the years go by, I just find it harder and harder for Slash and Axl to amend things and get back together as Guns N' Roses. Crazy things do happen from time to time but who really knows.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:
myillusions wrote:

As the years go by, I just find it harder and harder for Slash and Axl to amend things and get back together as Guns N' Roses. Crazy things do happen from time to time but who really knows.

I would say Axl needs Slash more at the moment than Slash needs Axl...Slash has a very large resume...Axls is limited to what it was 15 years ago...minus End of Days ST and Baz's album...

there is no way i could list all that Slash has done since he left GnR....whether or not you like it isnt the point...the point is that he has remained active and relevant while Axl went into hiding...you cant fault him for doing what he does...and dont pull the quality of quantity bullshit...because the quality of nothing is Zero

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Neemo wrote:

and dont pull the quality of quantity bullshit...because the quality of nothing is Zero

I agree with you there. And VR, like them or not, wasn't bad. I'd much rather have had their collection than a few unauthorized leaks.

myillusions
 Rep: 5 

myillusions wrote:
Neemo wrote:

I would say Axl needs Slash more at the moment than Slash needs Axl...Slash has a very large resume...Axls is limited to what it was 15 years ago...minus End of Days ST and Baz's album...

there is no way i could list all that Slash has done since he left GnR....whether or not you like it isnt the point...the point is that he has remained active and relevant while Axl went into hiding...you cant fault him for doing what he does...and dont pull the quality of quantity bullshit...because the quality of nothing is Zero

I agree with you Neemo. Axl definitely needs Slash more and you're also right about Slash has always stayed active.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
myillusions wrote:
Neemo wrote:

I agree with you Neemo. Axl definitely needs Slash more and you're also right about Slash has always stayed active.

one persons sets his standards low and the other sets them higher than he can reach. axl doesn't need slash - gnr needs slash. axl needs to release his album.

if chinese democracy is released and the new gnr fails worse than velvet revolver than you could be right but even then, it would probably be due to reasons other than the guitar riffs on the album.

in the mean time axl does not need slash nor does slash not being in the band have anything to do with axl doing less than slash. new music from axl taking foever is the result of axl being axl.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

Axl being Axl and Slash Being Slash off set each other cuz Axl brought more out of Slash....yes i wont deny it ... but Slash got Axl off his ass and actually got him to release material

BTW all this isnt meant to be negative to Axl...and totally pro Slash...i'm a huge fan of both guys, I'm jsut telling it how i see it right now, I support Axl as well as Slash...and when Axl releases something i'll prolly be first in line to praise it...but make no mistake about "Sellling out...all these guys have "Sold out" i dont understand when people Claim Axl has integrity and Slash Doesnt...its a crock...what kind of media attention does Slash get...and what kind does Axl get? now you tell me who get more respect and with respect comes integrity

Until Axl releases material hes a joke in the public eye...and you all know its true cuz you've all read the same articles as I have :wtf:

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

i agree and have grown tired of people always calling certain prformers "sellouts". either you like their work or not, right? maybe metllica "sold out" when they did the black album but they got their music to the masses and made a lot of money for their hard work. rather than ranting and raving around town about them "selling out" i simply did not buy the album cause i didn't like it.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
Neemo wrote:

Axl being Axl and Slash Being Slash off set each other cuz Axl brought more out of Slash....yes i wont deny it ... but Slash got Axl off his ass and actually got him to release material

One of the most common pro-Axl post is bout how he 'brought more out of Slash'. Well... I agree that most of Slash's best material was in Guns, and Axl was a huge factor, he was the biggest factor to make Slash the legendary player of his generation. But... as you've already mentioned it, but I think we should be more direct... Slash brought more out of Axl. Slash was able to make him work on the songs, finish and release material.
When you look at their post-1991 discography, it's very easy to compare nothing to something. Released material can be debated and criticized - yet I think Slash has done a lot of great songs without Axl that are on the same level with his best GN'R work. Some people who surely hasn't heard a Slash song often call him a 'one-trick pony'. Others call him a sell-out cause he plays with  artists of various styles. I'm sorry, but fuck that shit. You can't say both.
I agree that Slash seems to say OK to every invitation. That's not great. But in 99 % of the guest appearances he adds a lot to the songs. And if you listen Neither Can I, Beggars, Jizz da pit, Lower, Back & Forth Again, Serial Killer, Obsession Confession, Street Child, Messages, Don't Drop the Dime etc. etc. you can't say he's a 'one-trick pony'. He's able to make great music in very different styles.
On the other hand...I think Axl is still great, but needs someone who tells him a reliable opinion. Who has the charisma to tell what's not good and what's good enough. He needs an equal partner. He needs Slash. And Slash needs Axl, too, otherwise he wouldn't talk that much about the 'out-of-reality' reunion.

Board footer