You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: The Official Leaks Guide

Neemo wrote:
Communist China wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

IRS is good...except when people ask too much of it.

Like ask that it be one of the best 12-16 tracks recorded by an all-star line-up over a 10 year period? Is that too much?

I'm just saying, if IRS is among the better half of CD, then it won't be a very good record.

well its at least in the top 7 if what we've heard of that time frame 16

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

IRS isnt that good..it's a decent song...like Pretty Tied Up for example..but nothing major.

But they sound demoish even with all that recording and layering.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i think that pretty tied up is amazing hmm

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Neemo wrote:

i think that pretty tied up is amazing hmm

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:

IRS was the one song of the leaks that I had to let grow on me.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Interesting I really dig it. The bucket solo is cool, and the scream. And in general axl's vocals show his pashion in it. Although I think it takes a few moments to get going, and is repedative in places. But overall great song.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
Neemo wrote:
war wrote:

IMO the final version of IRS will be a strong track and it gets more positive feedback on youtube then a lot of the other leaks that are more finished.

more finished? whats that mean...IRS is about as finished as it is gonna get i think...infact its a bit overbaked if you ask me

there are certain synth parts they play live that are not on the leak that really add to it. i am also hoping they will beef up the beginning. the only weakness of the song, IMO, is the begnning.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
Neemo wrote:
war wrote:

IMO the final version of IRS will be a strong track and it gets more positive feedback on youtube then a lot of the other leaks that are more finished.

more finished? whats that mean...IRS is about as finished as it is gonna get i think...infact its a bit overbaked if you ask me

Not really directing this at war specifically, but some people think this album(or specific songs) are gonna split the universe in half when finished.

I strongly disagree. The songs aren't going to be monumentally better when Uni puts it on a disc or the latest producer puts his touch to it. In my opinion, those 07 leaks were most likely the 01/02 album not properly mixed or mastered.

Is mastering those tracks really going to make a difference?

yes and no

we know they are leaks and have less expectations of sound qulaity when we all heard them.

if you listenening to them after the release you do so with a more critical ear. the small details become more prevelant and necessary.

monumentally better? no

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

I am in the minority but I like I.R.S.   I like it much better than Madagascar and rank it among the five best C.D. songs thus far (The Blues, C.D., Better and T.W.A.T. joining that list).

Not to stir the shit too much but I have to say this since this is a thread on leaks...some of the people getting credit for some of the leaks is only part true.  They may have been the ones to let it out into the forums openly but some had been leaked a bit prior.  You can find parts of T.W.A.T. (with orchestra) and The Blues (hidden inside one of the many "fan mixes") both in their "studio" leaked forms, meaning that these leaks were available to some people much earlier.  Not taking credit away from what anyone did (and may have very well thought they were unveiling these first) but for the record I wanted to at least state this information openly.  I'm also not saying I agree with nor disagree with the hoarders.  However for the sake of information it is important to understand that some of these huge "negotiations" to get leaks weren't always quite the way they may have appeared.  Negotiations were often made prior than the current negotiators knowledge but not revealed as openly.

Board footer