You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Re: Chinese Democracy Starts...(Rumored GH Re-Release in June)

Tommie wrote:

I just thought of something.  How many albums was Axl contracted to release under his current deal?  Maybe this is a way of fulfilling his contract?

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Tommie wrote:

I just thought of something.  How many albums was Axl contracted to release under his current deal?  Maybe this is a way of fulfilling his contract?

rumor says the contract signed in 99 is for a double live (Live era), a gh (GH) and 3 albums of orig material (the cd trilogy)...as to how true that is ... i have no idea

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Tommie wrote:

I doubt this plays a role in any contract Axl has, this is a re-release, nothing more than a money spinner to cash in on any one who missed out on GH first time round.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Ok...now i'm pulling this out of my ass...but like rather than evade his deal...might this not be a wind-up to actually releasing Chinese Democracy? Like couldn't hurt to remind a causal listener why GNR was a good band...then release a new album...a few months after. A GH album isn't for the fans like us who already have all the records. Its either gets bought by those reliving their youth who dont follow the band - who then might pick up the new album for the hell of it after re-enjoying the tracks they grew up hearing...or by new kids who might check it out cos they've heard their parents talk about the band (same reason I checked out the beatles as a kid)...if they then dig the music then they might be interested to hear a CD follow up.

Not saying it will happen.

But It helps to keep the brand alive I'd have thought.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

monkeychow wrote:

Ok...now i'm pulling this out of my ass...but like rather than evade his deal...might this not be a wind-up to actually releasing Chinese Democracy? Like couldn't hurt to remind a causal listener why GNR was a good band...then release a new album...a few months after.

Not saying it will happen. But It helps to keep the brand alive I'd have thought.

It could work either way, I see what you mean but re-promoting the Slash and Duff era of GNR only a few months (potentially) before CD's release would be counter productive imo.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

Well Greatest Hits is how I got into GN'R through the exact same way MC ^^^^^ described. So perhaps they're trying to draw in a new audience and then release it. Or maybe they just want some more cash.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I really don't see this album selling much at all?! The younger people you speak off just download songs anyway. Most people 25 & up either have it, or have heard GnR enough they don't need to buy GH, or just bought it 5 years ago. We'll see, but with cd sales recently I'd be shocked if it hit 100,000 after it's first few weeks.

elmir
 Rep: 53 

elmir wrote:

why dont they just do another pressing of the current GH instead?
what's the point of this?

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:
elmir wrote:

I don't understand either... it's the same track list.  There are still plenty of copies of the album in record stores so this makes no sense to me.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Tommie wrote:

I never gave the greatest hits much thought, is this the same track listing as the first one?

yeah its the same

monkeychow wrote:

Ok...now i'm pulling this out of my ass...but like rather than evade his deal...might this not be a wind-up to actually releasing Chinese Democracy? Like couldn't hurt to remind a causal listener why GNR was a good band...then release a new album...a few months after.

isnt this why they released it the first time?

Backslash wrote:
elmir wrote:

I don't understand either... it's the same track list.  There are still plenty of copies of the album in record stores so this makes no sense to me.

maybe this is just a new pressing...but somehow its getting received differently? i cant find the news anywhere else so seems kinda weird

Board footer