You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: Chinese Democracy Starts...(Rumored GH Re-Release in June)

Neemo wrote:

mysteron cleared things up a bit

Mysteron wrote:

The re-release is solely the action of Polydor UK.

This goes on all the time. It doesn't mean anything.

so basically the UK version of universal decided to re-release the GH...most likely the sales in the UK are less than in other countries for the disk so they want to try to promote it to make more cash in the UK market...so you british gnr fans are gonna go out and line their wallets right? 16

for the record i still have never bought the GH...just for the simple fact that Axl and Slash and Duff were all opposed to its release 22

I'm glad that I was "wrong".

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Neemo wrote:

for the record i still have never bought the GH...just for the simple fact that Axl and Slash and Duff were all opposed to its release 22

I never bought it either, mostly because I have AFD, Lies & UYI I & II (UYI on casette still). but also I disagree alot with the tracklisting too. The only songs I feel are worthy are WTTJ, SCOM, PC, Patience, Civil War, & Yesterdays.  NR is good, I'm not much of a fan. Too polished, plus I've heard it enough.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

14:laugh::haha::haha::laugh::laugh::haha::haha::laugh::laugh::haha::haha::haha::laugh::laugh:

Bahahahahahahahaha!!!!!  This is awesome. The wheels are in motion now baby!!! Hahahahahaha!!!!

PATHETIC!

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

so basically the UK version of universal decided to re-release the GH...most likely the sales in the UK are less than in other countries for the disk so they want to try to promote it to make more cash in the UK market...so you british gnr fans are gonna go out and line their wallets right? 16

I'm UK based haven't bothered to buy the GH at its usual "bargain basement" price of £6.

A shiny new cover and price increase is unlikely to change my habit 16

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

This is puss!!!!

Seriously, what goes on in record companies these days, they are full of muppets. 

Why the fuck would they re-release it, what a waste of time and money by the UK operation.  Some dick probably got a fat bonus for coming up with such a stupid idea for increasing sales.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I can't help thinking that this is the most complicated case of a band trying to release an album that I've ever heard of.

The only thing I can think of is that Axl really pissed off someone he shouldn't have pissed off at Universal.

Sky Dog wrote:

It is common stuff ID... it is obvious that the band and Axl have nothing to do with this. 17 Mysteron's comments should be enough but here is some further proof about a band-a record label-and GH albums...they don't mix well. Radiohead and all their band members are completely against EMI/Capitol's release of their GH. EMI didn't consult Radiohead at all either and it seems that they are releasing it as a spiteful measure against the band for not re-signing with them!
http://www.nme.com/news/radiohead/36497
http://www.ateaseweb.com/2008/02/09/emi … test-hits/

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Oh, I know the label would be going on with a GH album and not giving a shit about what anyone thinks, I was talking about Chinese Democracy. I mean, it's pretty clear the label has the album but they're not in a hurry to release it. It just strikes me as odd on their part.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Having an album that cost them well over $13M with no chance of breaking even is a pretty good reason to hold it until they can figure out how to get their money back.  CD is not going to make money.  The label wants their investment back.  Who knows - maybe they took an insurance policy out on it and would be better off not releasing it.

All of this assumes they have the record and it's worthy of being released - I'm not convinced either of these statements are true.

Board footer