You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: METALLICA Discussion

AtariLegend wrote:
NY Giants82 wrote:

Yep, it was a crime that one of the best guitarists of our time didnt have a single solo on that whole 75 minute album.

It was a band decision.... :bj:

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

this sound familiar? 16

METALLICA's Management: New Album 'Will Be Out When It's Ready' - Jan. 23, 2008 

A representative for METALLICA's management has responded to a report on StereoWarning.com which claimed that "sources from the band's record label" have said that the group's new album has "been delayed again" to a September release. The representative told The Pulse of Radio that the disc has not been "delayed" since there "has never been an actual release date." As for when the record was likely to surface, the representative said, "It will be out when it's ready."

METALLICA began working on its ninth studio album in 2006. Since then the group has taken its time to write and record the new disc, but drummer Lars Ulrich told The Pulse of Radio it isn't hard to stay inspired even 25 years into the band's career. "I don't use the word 'career,' 'hunger,' I use more words like 'fun,'" he said. "As long as we keep it fun for ourselves and keep it kind of manageable, the days of the word 'career' and the business and, I don't know, it just seems kind of part of the past. Now it's just about, like, having fun and wanting to do it. You know, as long as it doesn't turn into too much work, it's not hard to be inspired."

METALLICA has been recording the new album with producer Rick Rubin after ending a 15-year collaboration with Bob Rock.

The new METALLICA CD will follow up 2003's controversial "St. Anger".

As late as last October, Ulrich said in interviews that he expected the new album to arrive in February of 2008.

METALLICA has booked a number of European festival appearances starting in late May, although it has yet to schedule any North American dates.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

They've already got tour dates lined up for May-June, so I reckon it'll either be out before, or after those dates. They sure are taking their time, but it's no comparison to GN'R!

AtariLegend wrote:

Heres a good thing, for the Tallica vs. Deth...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=NKGs7U5p8xc

AtariLegend wrote:

Their are rumours that...?

This leaked, although we'll see, I'm not so sure.

I'm downloading now, to decide for myself.

-edit-
http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?sho … =0&start=0

That isn't Metallica, ignore that.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

This interview makes the album sound very promising yikes

LARS ULRICH's Assistant Talks About Upcoming METALLICA Album - Feb. 21, 2008 

Virginia Fuel, Virginia's local chapter of the Metallica Club (the official METALLICA fan club), has published an interview with METALLICA drummer Lars Ulrich's longtime assistance Steven Wiig. An excerpt from the chat follows:

Virginia Fuel: Have you had a chance to listen to the new stuff that METALLICA is working on for the new album?

Steve Wiig: "I hear it all of the time. I can't get away from it. (laughing) I'm usually in or around the studio with them. There's some fast stuff, heavy stuff, slow stuff. There's some stuff on there that sounds a little bit closer to the "Fade to Black"/"Sanitarium"/"One"-style of song... the clean guitar/riff thing, a great melody... verse stuff with the heavy chorus and the ending blows the shit out of the roof. It's cool to hear them doing that kind of thing again. That's what Rick [Rubin, producer] has been saying '” don't be afraid of doing more of what you do really well. Don't try to reinvent the wheel. Just make a really good METALLICA record."

Wiig added, "So far '” as far as I know '” James [Hetfield] is doing all of the lyrics himself, and not necessarily like what was done for "St. Anger" (the group effort). I'd imagine Rick would want James to go off into his own world and tap into his own things and get lyrics that come from the heart. Myself, I've written songs (for bands that I've been in) both ways (alone and collaboratively) and they both have their own strengths and weaknesses. I think James' track record has definitely shown he is capable of coming up with some deep shit (lyrics) when he taps into it on his own. I'm anxious to hear what he digs up lyrically."

Lars Ulrich recently spoke with Revolver magazine about the band's upcoming album, which is expected out later this year and will be its first all-new effort since 2003's "St. Anger". Ulrich told the magazine that the group's new material "is certainly a lot more dynamic and a lot more varied than the last couple of go-rounds," adding, "There's a lot of light and shade in these songs. There's heavy, fast, nutty stuff, and then there's some slowdowns and musical interludes." Ulrich also said that the album has more in common with some of the group's '80s releases than more recent offerings like "St. Anger" and "Load".

Ulrich wouldn't agree that the yet-to-be-titled disc is a full-blown return to the past, saying, "I hate to be that specific, because six months from now people are gonna go, 'What the fuck? Lars lied to us!' But it feels that way to me."

The drummer also revealed that producer Rick Rubin, working with the band for the first time, wanted METALLICA to use classic efforts like "Ride the Lightning" and "Master of Puppets" as "reference points" for its new songs.

There's no word yet on an exact release date for the new METALLICA CD, although a late summer/early fall release is likely.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe … emID=91263

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:

^^Yep I agree Neemo. Sounds like this will be a badass 'Tallica album. I cant wait!

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

I'll believe it when I hear it. They said the same thing about St. Anger.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:
bigbri wrote:

agreed 110% ithis will be a listen before i buy it album....cuz they said pretty damn near the same thing when st anger came out...and i bought into the hype then....but not this time

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:
Neemo wrote:
bigbri wrote:

agreed 110% ithis will be a listen before i buy it album....cuz they said pretty damn near the same thing when st anger came out...and i bought into the hype then....but not this time

Add me to the "believe it when I see it group".  I got all hyped for St Anger and it was the mother of all turds.  Where the fuck did solos go?  Where did the Metallica-edge go?  Where did...ah fuck it, you get the point! 16

Board footer