You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: METALLICA Discussion

monkeychow wrote:

Agreed...I think Trujillo is a great addition to the band...fantastic skills and good to watch....looking forward to the new album....

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

I'm actually liking the addition of Trujillo on bass. I recall the band Infectious grooves he was in & listened to them online a few weeks ago. A good fast thrash/funk metal band. & Suicidal Tendencies was great. Although, I think he was only in them for a short time.

Still I think he was a good addition for them to expand, and try new things & have a new feel. Not just Metallica's bass player. I'm not knocking Newstead BTW, I just agree with Metallica's replacement.

I have nothing agaist Trujillo, but in live shows they're missing Newstead's vocals big time.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

FWIW I read the blog review. It went something like:

Song 1: Best Metallica song since Black Album, Rocks!!
Song 2: Similar to One, starts off Kirk finger picking very classical guitar solo, slowly gets heavier.
Song 3: Blogger wasn't a fan of.
Song 4: The 1st single, good song, typical 3-4 minute single though
Song 5: Blogger wasn't a fan of.

At this point they were asked if they'd like to hear song 6. Again, it was good. In the reveiwers eyes it was a good album, alot can depend on the last 4 songs, seemed a little underwhelmed though. We'll see, still hope & it's only 1 persons review. I'll see if I can still find it in my history.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

They killed all goodwill they had regained after Napster and St Anger with this.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

Metallica seem to me like a  bunch of bitches!

Axl S

Axl S wrote:
Bono wrote:

Metallica seem to me like a  bunch of bitches!

Have been for the past ten years.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

FWIW I read the blog review. It went something like:

Song 1: Best Metallica song since Black Album, Rocks!!
Song 2: Similar to One, starts off Kirk finger picking very classical guitar solo, slowly gets heavier.
Song 3: Blogger wasn't a fan of.
Song 4: The 1st single, good song, typical 3-4 minute single though
Song 5: Blogger wasn't a fan of.

At this point they were asked if they'd like to hear song 6. Again, it was good. In the reveiwers eyes it was a good album, alot can depend on the last 4 songs, seemed a little underwhelmed though. We'll see, still hope & it's only 1 persons review. I'll see if I can still find it in my history.

Interesting....sounds like definate potential to me. I've always been one of those metallica fans that doesn't like every track anyway but just selected songs.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axl S

Axl S wrote:

They were until this. Releasing Some Kind Of Monster was cool cause it allowed people to see how idiotic and strange they'd become and they knew that. After that things have kept getting better for them but then a stunt like this tells us all that nothing has really changed.

Board footer