You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axl
 Rep: -1 

Re: Time Magazine considers the leaks Chinese Democracy

Axl wrote:

I ask myself why they review demoversions of songs we don´t know if they are on ChiDem.
They are not finished, might be changed a lot etc.
If the World, the unknown song (Message for you I think) or the pretty crappy Rhiad are as you hear older than Blues or Maddy. The way Axl sings those songs that differently shows us how useless those reviews are. Compare Maddy 2001 with the new version of 06. It went from bullshit to a good song.
Imagine those new Songs with that powervoice....how would be the review then?
A+ all the time?

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:
Axl wrote:

I ask myself why they review demoversions of songs we don´t know if they are on ChiDem.
They are not finished, might be changed a lot etc.
If the World, the unknown song (Message for you I think) or the pretty crappy Rhiad are as you hear older than Blues or Maddy. The way Axl sings those songs that differently shows us how useless those reviews are. Compare Maddy 2001 with the new version of 06. It went from bullshit to a good song.
A+ all the time?

Thats a great point...if only If The World wasn't all in such a high pitch voice I might like it

Don't mind Rhyiad in the higher voice mind you

Locomotive98
 Rep: 17 

Locomotive98 wrote:
Axl wrote:

A+ all the time?

I dont think its necessarily the voice that causes the songs to be bad or to get less than favourable reviews in some quarters. I feel its the fact that the songs are pretty ordinary and several of them poor, high pitched vocals or not that causes negative reviews and criticism. It'll always be a case of 'we waited x years for this?'. Its not the vocals on 'Song 2' or Madagascar or Better that let them down, its the fact that theyre really pretty crap songs anyway.

I did laugh in the Time review when he said it was a woman singing parts in Better 16 Cue another 2 years in the studio.....

Axl

Axl wrote:

I had to laugh too.
It is funny of course that the writer compares Axl with Rihanna big_smile
But I think it´s pretty easy to say "we waited 15 years for that?". The question is what does Axl want to put out.
In my point of view it´s not a comparable record to anything every done. It´t not like the Illusions or the AfD. It´s not like Robbie Williams, the new Bon Jovi crap or sth else.
I think Axl wants to create some new music, to create new ways. You hear that in "If the world". That flamenco guitar is combinded with hard rock riffs. It´s new you know. And I think he doesn´t care if people say : "Fuck off you psychopatic fuckface, we don´t wait thousands of years to listen to this bunch of shit". Axl wants to make a kind of new music world in a perfect way- that´s my point of view.
And all of us know: If ChiDem would be released in lets say 2 weeks you would call your employer, take holidays and be the first fucking guy standing in front of a multimedia store. I promise you wink

Slashisvr
 Rep: 8 

Slashisvr wrote:

this person knows fuck all!!! why does he keep saying slash had whatever he wanted to do with it?

slash isnt in the band fuckwhit!!!

maddy boring? pfff

axl never was fat!!!!

waste of my time!

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:
Slashisvr wrote:

waste of my time!

Yeah it really was an awful review despite it being positive about the album

Slashisvr

Slashisvr wrote:

i think, maybe they should get some one who knows what there talking about first!!!

i mean, maddy, boring? what the fuck!!!

am i the only one who thinks there crazy?

Axl

Axl wrote:

Maddy is boring because there is no change in the song like in TWAT or Better. It´s always the same melody.
But I don´t find that boring anyway.

I have to agree with all of you about Maddy, that definitely was a sore spot in this article.  I am just glad he didn't trash every song.

Slashisvr

Slashisvr wrote:

the thing with maddy, it doesnt have slash to rip up a solo like noveember rain!!!

maddy is cool, i like it, very much, i dont see how it can be borin, just because some reviewr who doesnt know what there talking about says so!

to be fair, maddy has its limits, but, by no way is it boring, to give rhiad a better rating IMO is rediculous!

Board footer