You are not logged in. Please register or login.

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

Re: Mysteron confirms "Shackler's Revenge" as an actual new GN'R song

NY Giants82 wrote:

Wow, I gotta pinch myself, cause this all seems to be a dream. I'm crossing my fingers.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
madagas wrote:

I don't know if he is perfect for "Gnr"....but, he is perfect for Axl because he can do absolutely any type of music. It's pretty obvious Axl is all over the board so they are a good combo.

that plus he is noticeable and compelling,
yet on stage he doesn't get in axl's way,
he clearly destroys all of the leaks
and
he plays the old material well
that is just a couple reasons why he is perfect for gnr

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

war wrote:
madagas wrote:

I don't know if he is perfect for "Gnr"....but, he is perfect for Axl because he can do absolutely any type of music. It's pretty obvious Axl is all over the board so they are a good combo.

that plus he is noticeable and compelling,
yet on stage he doesn't get in axl's way,
he clearly destroys all of the leaks
and
he plays the old material well
that is just a couple reasons why he is perfect for gnr

He's also a very distinctive, iconic presence in the same way that Slash is. The mark of an icon is that you can recognise them by their silhouette, and you can certainly do that with both Slash and Buckethead...

Sky Dog wrote:

HAPPY MEDIUM....he is perfect for the new band.:mosh:

has anyone checked to see if the song is copyrighted yet? I don't know how to do this but you have to register song titles prior to release I believe.:/

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

exactly!!!

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

Good point, his is a very recognizable figure...one of those people who only a one word name is needed like Slash and Axl.  Buckethead in my opinion is the best thing that happened to "new GNR".  The two necessary ingredients for the best of the C.D. stuff we have heard thus far are Axl and Bucket. 

I also have for a long time believed that the leaks we have heard have been to some degree on purpose and (to some degree) intentional misdierection.  That is why I fully believe that the 12 of 13 songs that most think will be on the final 13 will probably be more like 4 or 5 of the 13 we will end up with.  NONE of us expected Shackler's Revenge...did we?  It sounds like it may very well be a full out Bucket rocker.  Who knows what else is coming and Prostitute (not song #2) may not be far away as well as some other key surprises!

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

We can only hope that is right, but why would you leak such bad songs if you want to build buzz...wouldn't you want to leak songs that actually kick ass?  Maybe not the best, but certainly better than the majority of what we've heard.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:

Good point, his is a very recognizable figure...one of those people who only a one word name is needed like Slash and Axl.  Buckethead in my opinion is the best thing that happened to "new GNR".  The two necessary ingredients for the best of the C.D. stuff we have heard thus far are Axl and Bucket. 

I also have for a long time believed that the leaks we have heard have been to some degree on purpose and (to some degree) intentional misdierection.  That is why I fully believe that the 12 of 13 songs that most think will be on the final 13 will probably be more like 4 or 5 of the 13 we will end up with.  NONE of us expected Shackler's Revenge...did we?  It sounds like it may very well be a full out Bucket rocker.  Who knows what else is coming and Prostitute (not song #2) may not be far away as well as some other key surprises!

Yeah if this is indeed true I may tend to agree with you.  Not that I'd be upset if CD  consisted of the 9 songs we've heard, but obviously I'd love for it to contain a handulf or more of unheard songs.  And with all the supposed song titles we've heard, for this one to come out (if true), it just shows how much or little we actually know.  Maybe the leaks were intentional, maybe they slowed down the process, who knows?  I'd lean more towards intentional if they were able to keep a song appearing on a major video game a secret until just before its release.

elmir
 Rep: 53 

elmir wrote:
faldor wrote:

it just shows how much or little we actually know.

bingo....that pretty much summarizes the last 14 years.....and until Axl decides to talk openly about it, it will summarize the next 14 years too....

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I guess this shows that Buckethead did bring songs to the band and didn't just play
along side Robin's music.

I'm really hoping that the tracklist has moved up from 13 songs back to 16 - 18 like what was
originally planned.

Board footer