You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Mysteron confirms "Shackler's Revenge" as an actual new GN'R song

Sky Dog wrote:

2002 it was 16-18 songs according to the man himself
2006 it was 13 songs according to the man himself
2008 the album has been condensed to 1 track on a videogame! 14 We have no clue what will happen in regards to the album release or tracklist.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

A spot of doubt crept into my mind tonight.

Let me be clear - my hope and feeling is that this means the song will be in the game, then a single, then the album.

But my doubt and fear: that this is - Oh My God - all over again. Band shows up for a 1 song track endorsement - distributes a song completely out of nowhere - and it ends up having no relevance to the eventual CD release.

I hope that's not the case though. Given they say the album is done, it should be the first phase in getting it out there.

Be interesting if the new management was brought in to get a bucket reunion not a slash reunion. Could also explain Robins departute.

I'm the biggest Slash fan on earth - i think he and axl were born to share a stage. But that said - in the post slash world - bucket is the kind of guy that can bring credibility to the band - in a music sence. He has a presence and gimic that will make people pay attention, and love or hate his antics, he has the bad ass guitar skills to back his shit up. Like frankly...I saw a dude in a horror mask with a used food container on his head and thought "what a gimp" - then I saw him play and promptly shut the fuck up!

Yes some people will mock him for looking odd, Just like the people mock Axl for wearing a Kilt or the braids. Those people ignore the badass voice of axl, and the basass playing of bucket. But the point is he has the skills and starpower for those that would listen to pull off being a replacment for slash. Something that robin never ever had.

Put it like this, even though I want Slash and Axl together, bucket in the band is the kind of guy in the band that makes you excited about hearing the guitar parts on the album, cos you know they will be impressive.

I wonder if we could get BBF to play finks stuff, then bring bucket back in and keep Richard....

Sky Dog wrote:

anyone can play Finck's parts-ANYONE.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Not just anyone can bring Axl the music to write to like he does though.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:
madagas wrote:

Oh I didn't mean he wasn't able.

BBF is VERY VERY good on guitar...believe me i've noticed!! He has some serious technique.

I ment more like...I wonder if he would agree to become fink live, and bucket return to do bucket's bit, or if he would consider this a demotion from his current position. I think he'd prob get more parts to play...but then not as show-off-fun as his current bits smile

So i ment more I wonder if the personalities involved allow for a BBF, Bucket, Fortus line up....bumble seems like a pretty easy going guy, so its possible...but then there were stories that bucket caused tension in the band last time wern't there? Or was that just cos robin was intimidated. (I know i would have been if bucket joined the band i was lead guitarist for!)

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

monkeychow wrote:
madagas wrote:

Oh I didn't mean he wasn't able.

BBF is VERY VERY good on guitar...believe me i've noticed!! He has some serious technique.

I ment more like...I wonder if he would agree to become fink live, and bucket return to do bucket's bit, or if he would consider this a demotion from his current position. I think he'd prob get more parts to play...but then not as show-off-fun as his current bits smile

So i ment more I wonder if the personalities involved allow for a BBF, Bucket, Fortus line up....bumble seems like a pretty easy going guy, so its possible...but then there were stories that bucket caused tension in the band last time wern't there? Or was that just cos robin was intimidated. (I know i would have been if bucket joined the band i was lead guitarist for!)

The thing is... the attraction of Robin's solos is their simplicity. BBF has an unfortunate tendency to add fretboard wankery to simple solos; compare his version of the first Nightrain solo with Bucket's more restrained, melodic version, for instance. I wouldn't want Ron wanking all over, for instance, Robin's sublime TWAT solo...

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

We can only hope that is right, but why would you leak such bad songs if you want to build buzz...wouldn't you want to leak songs that actually kick ass?  Maybe not the best, but certainly better than the majority of what we've heard.

Just an opinion but I think T.W.A.T./Better and I.R.S. were the leaks that were intentionally leaked to create the initial buzz and that the album was indeed going to be released in 2006, thus the best leaks were let out to build the hype for a more than likely Fall release.  To me these were 3 of the badass songs and the latter leaks (outside of studio demos of live stuff we'd already heard anyway) were just to keep some interest going or perhaps not intentional at all.  IF indeed the rest of the album were as good as the '06 leaks I think we all (for the most part) will walk away satisfied.  I'd bet cash that we have heard no more than half of what will be on the final product.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

BBF has an unfortunate tendency to add fretboard wankery to simple solos; compare his version of the first Nightrain solo with Bucket's more restrained, melodic version, for instance. I wouldn't want Ron wanking all over, for instance, Robin's sublime TWAT solo...

I'd have to listen to the nighttrain versions again to compare to be honest, i'm in the minority but despite all the shredding in the outro of recent years, that's still a classic Slash solo to me - i kinda prefer the slower but blusier way he does it.

Anyway to be fair to bumble...most of the time he is emulating bucket...and bucket has a tendancy to play with his kill switch and octive shift pedals in every second solo, which I think ron substitutes for fretless harmoics and general fretboard masturbation. I'm a fan of both bucket and ron, all i'm saying is the parts he was brought in to play are wanky parts, and he's playing them wanky as asked. Very very cool and hard to play wanky parts i might add!

From interviews with Ron it sounds like he was very much into Angus Young style lead playing before getting into Van Hallen and stuff...so i'm wondering if he chose to adapt to emulating robin's style, if that would bring out a less shreddy side of him.

It's probably something that's unliekly to happen I guess though.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

We can only hope that is right, but why would you leak such bad songs if you want to build buzz...wouldn't you want to leak songs that actually kick ass?  Maybe not the best, but certainly better than the majority of what we've heard.

Just an opinion but I think T.W.A.T./Better and I.R.S. were the leaks that were intentionally leaked to create the initial buzz and that the album was indeed going to be released in 2006, thus the best leaks were let out to build the hype for a more than likely Fall release.  To me these were 3 of the badass songs and the latter leaks (outside of studio demos of live stuff we'd already heard anyway) were just to keep some interest going or perhaps not intentional at all.  IF indeed the rest of the album were as good as the '06 leaks I think we all (for the most part) will walk away satisfied.  I'd bet cash that we have heard no more than half of what will be on the final product.

Good point.  While I don't think IRS is very good, this thinking at least makes a little sense...but I still don't get leaking weaker songs now, and in some cases, so much weaker that some people can't even get through the entire song it's so bad?  There's no reason to let that type of song out on purpose.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i think one of the things here is that 2 of the three latest leaks are no more than filler....on an album so long in production its a bit of a let down...I hope the last 3 tracks we havent heard make up for this

Board footer