You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Re: Chinese Democracy "On the schedule"

Aussie wrote:
mister saint laurent wrote:

little birdie say announcement @ olympics & album in november. birdie say that months ago and not change tune. i believe birdie.

Whilst a promotion for CD that has some remote tie in with the olympics sounds a little cheesy, I see no reason why they wouldn't do it.  As someone else stated, if they are finally releasing this thing, they would be stupid not to use the olympics for some marketing leverage.

Thanks for the post MSL.

Sky Dog wrote:

is that Birdie named Pure.......:smile:

Roxxie
 Rep: 11 

Roxxie wrote:

It doubt they have to tie it in with the Olympics specifically, in fact I think that might be a bad thing (it could be seen as a cynical publicity move).  Just releasing it in the general timeframe of the Olympics would do the trick though - I'm sure  that would pick up some press.

ereeper
 Rep: 14 

ereeper wrote:

PURE sure was an interesting source back in 02.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:
bigbri wrote:

I was just thinking about this as I rode my bike to the train station tonight. It would be a crime to pass on the opportunity to capitalize on the Olympics. Imagine a commercial with the CD intro playing with various images of China, then after Axl screams, WHAM! The screen goes black, then appears the words 'Chinese Democracy. 11.07.08. Guns n Roses.'

Dude, that gave me goose bumps!:mosh:

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
ereeper wrote:

PURE sure was an interesting source back in 02.

Didn't someone beat him up and leave him in a ditch?  Oh that's right, that's what
someone should've done. That guy was an assclown.

This was Pure's standard inside info:

$#%%^&:D^&**:(1467%^$IOU&^&%^%$:mosh:

And people would spend WEEKS trying to make sense of it. That was a low point
in GNR history. I think he had to disappear after he announced that the band had
broken up after the 02 tour ended.

roll

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

Axl is one of the most incredible marketing geniuses of our times. Richard Branson eat your heart out

14 years ago he predicted the Olympics would be in Bejiing and came up with the name 'Chinese Democracy'. With plenty of time to spare he perfected the album and fine tuned his plan. Sure, he lost a few members along the way but it was worth the wait in the end.

How stupid of us not to realise.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

I really dont' see any reason to get excited. This is  2006 again but on a much smaller scale. Yeah yeah Shackler's Revenge. big deal. 2006 had "real" confirmation from management and Axl that the album was coming out in the fall.  They were touring, we had official leaks for the first time. You guys that are allowing this "hype" to suck you in are in for a big let down I'm affraid. If I'm wrong. Good. If I'm right it shouldn't be a surprise and no offence but you'll only have yourselevs to blame for allowing yourselves to get excited.   In my opinion this ain't happening this year.

Sky Dog wrote:

thank you, now go jump in the lake,,,Sylvan Lake that is!:smile:

Board footer