You are not logged in. Please register or login.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

Re: GNR, Rock Band, the VMAs and 4 albums

gnfnraxl wrote:
misterID wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:

All I know is that I am starting to lose faith in Azoff.  The silent treatment tells me he ain't better than Merck or anyone else for that matter involved in this fiasco.

To be fair, communication with the fans is the band's responsibility, not the management. When
Metallica communicates with their fans its not through THE FIRM.

You make a good point.  But Azoff could give Axl the good advice to communicate.  Plus other than the Rock Band 2 thingy, nothing tells us that CD will be released this year.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Sky Dog wrote:

Id, all parties involved are smart enough to figure it out. Too much money at stake to not cut a deal.

7's, nice....just not sure how it relates to a Westerberg dedication to Johnny Thunders... Are you talking about the instability in the industry for artists?

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I still don't think they really give a shit about money in the long run. They are all filthy rich
and a reunion for them would be for sentimental value only. Slash has said many, many times
that every year someone is throwing insane ammounts of money for a reunion and that hasn't
made them budge once.

It could be a part of Axl and Azoffs "plans" but the other guys would have to go along with it.
And I just don't see them wanting to unless there is a huge understanding about what is what, and
no one is going to be dictated to.  I just don't see that being a very realistic opition.

gnfnraxl

gnfnraxl wrote:
misterID wrote:

I still don't think they really give a shit about money in the long run. They are all filthy rich
and a reunion for them would be for sentimental value only. Slash has said many, many times
that every year someone is throwing insane ammounts of money for a reunion and that hasn't
made them budge once.

It could be a part of Axl and Azoffs "plans" but the other guys would have to go along with it.
And I just don't see them wanting to unless there is a huge understanding about what is what, and
no one is going to be dictated to.  I just don't see that being a very realistic opition.

If I had to bet money I'd say we unfortunately get a reunion before we get CD.

Sky Dog wrote:

ID, I think they would give if Axl gave...splitting hairs here. Izzy could use the money as he missed out on the huge UYI touring money. Axl has the score to settle with UNI. As for Duff and Slash, Duff's interest in business and finance will lead him in the right direction. Slash, he'll do whatever....free spirit.:slash:

gnfnraxl

gnfnraxl wrote:
madagas wrote:

ID, I think they would give if Axl gave...splitting hairs here. Izzy could use the money as he missed out on the huge UYI touring money. Axl has the score to settle with UNI. As for Duff and Slash, Duff's interest in business and finance will lead him in the right direction. Slash, he'll do whatever....free spirit.:slash:

If Slash, Izzy and Matt or Steven are in I can guarantee you that Duff will be in.  Slash would be the toughest one to convince and even he wouldn't be taht hard to convince to do it.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

if i could clarify something in hopes of both a better understanding as to how you guys feel and to further eccentuate the variety of thoughts by asking this...............

what kind of reunion are we all thinking when we use the term?

there's reuniting for one big show like VMA's or something like that.

or there is a reunion tour

or there is reuniting as band and putting out records

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

We'll just have to agree to disagree. I think if there is one person in the history of GNR that
wouldn't be swayed by money it would be Izzy. I just don't think it's going to be as easy as
everyone thinks. And I can promise you one thing, besides a few shows or a tour, it would
be a very, very long time before you got anything from a reunion. And the reunion thing has
been shoved into every discussion for the last ten years. Not only is it old, but it would have
happened by now.

And not to get this back on topic or anything...

But if nothing happens before the end of September, we can just fart away anything happening
in 2008 >:(

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

i disagree about it being the same old reunion scenario

axl's project is potenteially done

except for the release which brings any and all business and promo ideas to the table, all which require honest  consideration

Board footer