You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: GNR, Rock Band, the VMAs and 4 albums

misterID wrote:

Promo ideas involving a reunion when you're trying to pimp 4 albums of the new band??
Azoff is there working on "Axl's project" Not a reunion deal, which as I said before, would
need its own team of managers and lawyers to get off the ground.

Come on, guys... How can this even be a logical opition. Seriously.

And this arguement is OLD.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

What i'd like to see is a Reunion with recording...as that's what counts in terms of history - shows are awesome for the fans who see them...but at the end of the day the boys have played hundreds of shows together already - its doing something new that would be awesome.

I think most likely would be a one-off kinda thing though - as thats easier for Slash and co to accept without any risk if Axl no-shows etc...all they loose is one night.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

CD is the real stumbler for a reunion at the moment. it would be silly to reunite and not release it. So unless they could come to some compromise..like record some additional parts with the reunion guys and release it as a massive set - I think CD really needs to happen first.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
misterID wrote:

Promo ideas involving a reunion when you're trying to pimp 4 albums of the new band??
Azoff is there working on "Axl's project" Not a reunion deal, which as I said before, would
need its own team of managers and lawyers to get off the ground.

Come on, guys... How can this even be a logical opition. Seriously.

And this arguement is OLD.

again the circumstances are different

and i agree that it is a crazy niotion but if axl cant get bucket and finck back, the two most important contributers of the project are potentially gone. this is as good a chance at a reunion as they are gonna get unless they do it after the project fails which gnr/managment/label will do anything to avoid due to the money invested.

war

war wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

CD is the real stumbler for a reunion at the moment. it would be silly to reunite and not release it. So unless they could come to some compromise..like record some additional parts with the reunion guys and release it as a massive set - I think CD really needs to happen first.

was it in '07 that axl was spotted with sorum and then gilby another time? and then rumors about slash and axl at the same hotel. plus we already know slash went to axl's house that time.

somewhere in that time frame the discussion popped up about a reunion and i think i said soemthing similar to your post and still think the same way.........

a partial reunion including some of the new members and some of the old with slash re-recording finck's parts on cd.

not saying that is gonna happen just saying that i wouldn't mind it if it did

misterID

misterID wrote:

It just seems that no matter what conversation comes up, somehow, someway, a reunion
option is thrown in the mix. I think a reunion scenerio has been theorized and used in every
which way there is, no matter what the circumstance 16

I will say this, if Axl falls on his face I could see a reunion possibility. But we haven't even got
to that bridge yet.

And if every member was brought back that people have been theorizing here for the last month,
GNR would have more members than Earth, Wind and Fire.

war

war wrote:
misterID wrote:

And if every member was brought back that people have been theorizing here for the last month,
GNR would have more members than Earth, Wind and Fire.

16:haha::haha:

and it's nice to see someone capable of seeing the other person's point while maintaining his own

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

I don't think a reunion would be brought up if:

1. The new band wasn't basicly imploded. I mean Robin is in NIN and Bucket is gone. So the two main guitar players on the forthcomming album are gone. Although the general public see this as just Axl anyway - its going to be hard to promote an album with half the players missing. Axl's done if before with his AFD tours. But even so - he'll have to work out a new line up.

2. People didn't keep impluing something massive was happening. There is nothing more massive in GNR land than a reunion and so thats what people automaticly think of.

I wonder what is being put together, if not a reunion then what? Finally releasing CD as multiple albums and then assembling a new bumble-led band to perform?

misterID

misterID wrote:

^^^

And that is no doubt Axl's fault. I agree with you there.

At least Merck fucked with us. Shit.

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:

Offtopic, but dude, seriously where is my fucking Shackler leak?!?!

I keep telling myself its only one month until I hear it for sure... but damn, I hope we hear it sooner than later sad. I'm impatient

Board footer