You are not logged in. Please register or login.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

Re: GNR, Rock Band, the VMAs and 4 albums

DCK wrote:

Not nice to risk his job. However he was dumb enough to be tricked by that guy...might serve him well.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Guys those were really huge IF's to those points. That's not even mentioning the possibility
that the next singer for VR will be something very, very special.  And it's another big if that the
guys even want a reunion. And a huge if that Axl would somehow spontaneously say, okay, I got
that out of my system, now back to that other unfinished GNR album... And then there is the
business of going about a reunion. Axl is not going to do a 360 degree change of who he is for
the benefit of the old days and for what the fans want.

I'll say anything is possible. But I'm looking at this logically and I'm not interjecting a possible
reunion scenerio into every topic. That gets old after a while. I think a lot of it is meant to try
and undermine the current GNR by some disgruntled old line up fans who don't want CD to be
a success, because failiure of CD, in their minds, will lead to a fantasy reunion.

A reunion is not that simple.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

misterID wrote:

Guys those were really huge IF's to those points. That's not even mentioning the possibility
that the next singer for VR will be something very, very special.  And it's another big if that the
guys even want a reunion. And a huge if that Axl would somehow spontaneously say, okay, I got
that out of my system, now back to that other unfinished GNR album... And then there is the
business of going about a reunion. Axl is not going to do a 360 degree change of who he is for
the benefit of the old days and for what the fans want.

I'll say anything is possible. But I'm looking at this logically and I'm not interjecting a possible
reunion scenerio into every topic. That gets old after a while. I think a lot of it is meant to try
and undermine the current GNR by some disgruntled old line up fans who don't want CD to be
a success, because failiure of CD, in their minds, will lead to a fantasy reunion.

A reunion is not that simple.

It does frustrate me, the number of people who seem to think that Axl just needs to get Chinese Democracy out of his system so he can get back to the "real business" of organising a reunion. Bugger that. I want to see what the new band is capable of.

Though I admit there's a tiny part of me that'd kill to see Slash and Fortus sharing a stage.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Neemo wrote:

i was gonna say why would a harmonix dude take time out at E3 to spend with a gnr forum person? and then why would a Harmonix guy be privy to GnR release info? all he should know is what the song sounds like...in my mind anyway he didnt come off as a gnr fan so why would he care about that 4 album relase info crap

after mulling it over I smell a bit of bullshit here...

I don't know if it's bullshit or not, but I'm also not sure he  knows much of anything.  Haven't we heard for some time that there are 3-4 albums worth of material.  I guess the simultaneous release is new information, but it seemed like he was just guessing at that.  We've heard the VMA rumor every year for the last 6 years.  Again he's deducing that it would be perfect timing with the song release being around the same time.  I really don't think he knows anything for sure. 

Regardless, that was a douchey move to secretively tape the guy and post it.  Maybe just post the audio, at least keeping his image a secret.

Dadud
 Rep: 14 

Dadud wrote:

Well, if you didn't know. Harmonix is working with MTV to produce Rockband, so there's a link there. I don't think he's pulling the VMA rumor out of his ass. i think he knows atleast that GNR are in talks to play at the VMA's

faldor

faldor wrote:
Dadud wrote:

Well, if you didn't know. Harmonix is working with MTV to produce Rockband, so there's a link there. I don't think he's pulling the VMA rumor out of his ass. i think he knows atleast that GNR are in talks to play at the VMA's

Or he could've just heard that or put the pieces of the puzzle together that it would make perfect sense.  I realize the guy has more credibility than the average Joe Schmo that posts on message boards, but he still didn't give any concrete information.  A lot of possibilities, but nothing we haven't thought of and wished for before.  I hope it all comes to fruition.  The last couple of VMA's have been unwatchable.  I don't know if Axl alone could save that sinking ship, in my eyes.  I don't see a simultaneous release either, although that'd be fantastic and shut up the critics once and for all about "what has Axl been doing the past 15 years?"  I'd think they'd like to stretch out the 4 albums, then again Axl loves to do things on a grand scale so, who knows?  Only time will tell.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

There's a double-edged sword to getting info among us GNR fans. If this dude had NOT taped it and told us what he heard we would blast the guy, say he was making it up, being an attention whore, blah blah blah. If he only used the audio, well we'd just say anyone could be talking on the tape and how do we know it's a Harmonix guy. But this guy goes the whole nine yards and posts it all, yet we blast him.

Getting inside info is a lot like sausage. It tastes good in the end, but there's no way you want to see how it's made; it's just too disturbing.

I'd be willing to bet this guy did one of the least unethical things people have done to get us info/leaks. What MSL did was pretty clever and incredible, but it was a dick move if you think about it.

So, what do we want? Info/leaks or silence. Because a lot of the GNR statements have been in response to some of "our" moves.

faldor

faldor wrote:

Yeah he didn't leave anything to chance.  Got it all on VIDEOtape.  That is messed up but I guess you could say the guy didn't give any specifics really.  Not like he gave the release date or a tracklist, just what he's heard.  Shows you really can't trust people.  On camera he toed the company line and refused to comment, then "off the record" he tries to be a nice guy and open up to a fan.  I guess he should know better when dealing with an information crazed GNR fan.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

If GNR are playing VMA's they best have a guitarist sorted. Supposedly Fincks in Cali the same time as the VMA's so it's possible for him to be there. Gotta wonder where he'd find time to rehearse with GNR while still on tour with NIN though?

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Bucket is in Cali. then too.

Board footer