You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Stuck Inside

Sky Dog wrote:

Buzz, Radiohead and Tool.....definitely not Matchbox 20. While I am not a fan of Green Day, there album was top shelf. A lot of good singles...

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

russ: Sure, it's ok if they want to make music together.  But let's call it what it is: a dated nostolgia act.

mad: I don't like the bands you mention, but they are certainly different than what came out in the 80s and early 90s.  Like it or not, Matchbox Twenty released 3 albums that all are unique and different than each other AND had multiple hit singles on each.  That shows growth even if it isn't something you like.

monkey: I wasn't talking about any of us being stuck in the 80s, I was talking about Axl and Baz.  I will always love the rock music of the 80s no matter what happens.  I just don't want to relive it through "new" material from old people.

luckylittlelady
 Rep: 20 

I neither like nor dislike the song, but I do think Axl is sounding good.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

elmir
 Rep: 53 

elmir wrote:
madagas wrote:

can you give me an example of a modern rock act that has taken rock to a "new" level?

The White Stripes..

anyway, back on topic....i think the song is nothing special, some good guitar work....but its great to hear Axl at full throttle....he does feel out of place....

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Sky Dog wrote:

I don't think you can be any more retro than the White Stripes!:haha: I dig Meg's cans though....:P

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

wow t hats better than i thought it would be. pretty rocking 9

back in the saddle was alright....

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

I like it better than the last song. It's a pretty rockin' song and even if it sounds some what "dated" get the fuck over it. Did you expect earth shattering modern material from Bach? If you did you are living in a dream world. Baz is going to make the music he makes and that's hard rock/metal with sounds of his past thrown in for good measure. I'm not trying to convince anyone here to like it but I am just pointing out what it is and not what people want to make it out to be.

Axl sounds good but I do agree with him not quite fitting into the song. Still a nice touch for the song. Metal Mike came through in this one.

Board footer