You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: New Bumblefoot interview in Classic Rock

Sky Dog wrote:

I almost agree with everything Bumble says.....especially his comment about the Bass player.:butt: Whether you like his playing style or not.....the guy is a class act and in the end, that is what matters the most.:peace:

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
misterID wrote:

I didn't read anything bad or less promising. It's the same ole side steppin answers about CD.

It's real hard to believe he didn't sign a confidentiality agreement, but I'm not going to call the
guy a liar.

I think he was too reluctant about the first single and Chinese Democracy and I take it as a bad sign.

Anyway, I like the guy a lot as a person. He's the Gilby of the new era. 22

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

But if they ever decide they wanna give it a shot, they know where to find us, it's cool.

I'm sorry I don't know where to find you. You don't have a product on shelves.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I think its extremely pathetic that he was not given proper recordings of the songs to learn. Really shows how amateurish this whole thing has been. How do you not allow your guitarist to properly learn some difficult songs?

i don't agree - axl being PROTECTIVE of his songs does not make the project amateurish.

as far as half the posters in this thread saying this is all bad news. how so? nothing has changed. NOTHING. maybe you all want it to change in order for the release to be near but the bottom line is the album is not being promoted yet, whther it's release is near or not.

august, september, and october stand in front of november. if the album comes out in november there is still a lot fo time for the promtion to start. that is when you can expct bumble to start talking about the damn album.

news of one new song on a video game just recently came out, mysteron just recently said they are still trying to get the album our in '08, bumble just now said that the album is in negotiations. anyone who expects the next reveltaion to be bumble spilling all the beans in an interview irrelevant to the rest of the world needs to think again.

when promotion of this album does finally begin, whether it is this year or ten years from now, it will be aimed at the potential fan base, not the current fan base (us). they already have us. the first stage of the promotion will not be gnr's relatively unknown guitar player telling a minute group of fans that cd is coming out this year or what the tracklist is, etc.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I have no clue what those negotiations could be, unless they are demanding that Axl pay off the 13 million dollar tab. IMO its just as much the labels fault for letting it get that out of control as Axl is.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

How can you say a bassist who's been in the band a dozen years, who wrote music, played on the recordings and did tours, is just a "hired hand?

I agree with this comment. Chris and Tommy have been in GNR a hell of a long time, longer than Izzy was. Probably around the same amount of time Slash spent in GNR too. Yes they cash there paycheck every month but they deserve it for having to put up with Axl 14

Bumblefoot is the "hired hand" tongue

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:
misterID wrote:

I have no clue what those negotiations could be, unless they are demanding that Axl pay off the 13 million dollar tab. IMO its just as much the labels fault for letting it get that out of control as Axl is.

I think this is a lot to do with this ongoing negotiation. Schacklers Revenge is part of the payback. Maybe not something Axl wanted to do first but a good money spinner. When the record company start to see those cheques coming in they will begin to take Axl seriously and put some resource behind the project.

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

so what would you rather have him do? leave? or don't join the band at all when he was asked? and anybody that is a member of this band should leave if they aren't allowed to speak freely? we'd have no members left. it would be axl and his computer.

Isn't that what it always boils down to anyways? Can you name me one constant in this project from 1997-2008 not named Axl? Dizzy doesn't count, he's obviously a minimal contributor and mainly there for the ride.

does pittman count? 16  maybe tommy? i get what you're saying. and we're back to the argument if this should really be called and promoted as guns n' roses because it's not really a band.

James Lofton wrote:

he never said in 2006 he recorded all the rhythm tracks on cd and some solos. plus work on future songs. sure, we could've assumed he did, but no one knew for sure what exactly he did on the album.

I guess you missed our chats with Bumblefoot in 2006/07. Its common knowledge here that this info isn't new.

the 2007 one i was here for it but i don't remember every little detail about everything this band does 16

that doesn't mean he can't say it again in an interview with a mainstream magazine. as i said earlier, the people that read that magazine weren't here for the bumblefoot chats we had. that's my point. we, the forum fans, might know already what he's saying, but the rest of the world doesn't spend time on gnr forums. do we need a disclaimer on every interview from a magazine/whatever media outlet that says "the forum fans already know this"?

James Lofton wrote:

nobody here brought bucket into discussion and what he would say and what he would do. i don't care about people at other sites. i don't visit them anymore

I never said anyone brought him into the discussion. I did obviously, and did so to use as an example.

you assumed we'd blame bucket if he'd do something like that, and i wanted to point out that you might be wrong in your assumption when it comes to people on this forum. we know better tongue

James Lofton wrote:

he's the only part of the promotion of this band right now.

That's a scary thought.

i'm with you on this one

James Lofton wrote:

would you have rather had him pull a fortus and go "no comment" on every gnr question?

If he cant answer a legitimate question, then the answer to that would be yes.

everybody on these forums knows there's questions that we won't get an answer too except from the man himself when the planets are aligned 14 why do we still complain after every interview about it, i don't know.

whenever i see a new interview from someone in the band or related i know what questions they won't answer and i know not to expect anything "groundbreaking". it is what is is and i leave it be. no matter what musicians come and go, the interviews will be the same, the questions won't be answered.

Board footer