You are not logged in. Please register or login.

war
 Rep: 108 

Re: If a fall 2008 tour is gonna happen....

war wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
war wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Axl or Azoff, if you're reading this, assemble this lineup and all your worries go away....

Justine Frischmann (to replace Fortus)

Why is that funny? She can do all the rhythm work on the tracks, and what one or two solos she has difficulty with can be handled by someone else.

Oh and might want to go listen to her material and then Fortus' before laughing.

At least Justine knows how to actually write a tune.

settle james, i am only laughing cause everyone is debating who is qualified to replace finck at lead and many, inlcuding me, think fortus can handle that duty live. out of nowhere you insinuate that fortus needs to be replaced at rythm guitar. that is a big chnage from being promted to lead and was funny to me for it's randomness.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

I think the band can roll with what they got if they don't do a full on tour. Play some special events and than some smaller sized shows for the album's release. Then if Robin is officially out of the band start looking for a replacement and then go on a full on tour.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I think Axl wants robin back though or we would have got a statement talking about how robin is a paid employee and how he's delayed the album in the past with his divided loyalities and how its great that he's moved on to NIN again.

Instead they gave a crypic "we're waiting to see" kinda answer that implies they want to leave him breathing room to return. Likewise robin is doing that by clearly pissing off yet not making any anti-gnr statements publicly that could hinder a patch-up.

Who knows...when he grows his hair back...he could well return to the band....

I'd just like to see something happening. I really hope that SR is the beginning of the album release...and that then we'll get some kind of tour with Ron and Richard at least.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

if they go primarily with an actual album/release it will probably spend little time pointing out all of the musicians starring on it to avoid bringing attention to the fact that gnr is not releasing this music as a band. that way the non followers that pick it up will be thinking of it as an axl rose led collaberation rather than an eccentric and intolerable frontman driving out all of the musicians that are responsible for the majority of work on the album while it is featuring awesome pics of replacement musicians that werent in the studio. only the required credits will be printed.

so having said that i don't think it matters if they get fick back. all they need, now that the writing and recording is done, is people that are capable of playing the songs properly. and for them to stick around after the potential release and tour assuming axl has plans for more of them  finck is creative and good at what he does but the reality is that it would be easy to find a stage-friendly guitar player to play his parts. i don't think that would be finck since axl's obsession with having three guitar players may have been a contributing factor in the loss of slash. i would assume that finck would be willing to come back in any capacity that his nin commitment will allow him and i think the question of what that is is weighing on axl's and management's collective minds. but i do think the business side of things will dictate the timing of the release and since this album IS a collaberation of artists he is not necessary for promoting the album and, if he is busy when the time comes to release the album and start booking shows for the tour, gnr will move on without him.

Board footer