You are not logged in. Please register or login.

sic.
 Rep: 150 

Re: Paul Tobias/Mank Rage

sic. wrote:

Gary Sunshine was formerly a guitarist for a band called Circus of Power.

Stuart White recently worked on the new Alicia Keys album.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I think RTB left/was let go without doing anything to the album, didn't he?

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
war wrote:

is the private message system not working yet?

It does seem a bit buggy.

Post any issues you have in the management section.

no issue but i am looking for something from you

sic.

sic. wrote:
misterID wrote:

He was with the band for, what, 20 months. He was finishing tracks with Tom Zutaut in late 2001.

The band's work was mostly done, I surmise, and that may be the reason why a new producer was never called in full-time. It was the UYI situation; Axl was set out to do additional production and vocals after the basic tracks were done with Mike Clink. Clink was around to organize additional backing track recording on the road et al, but Axl was with his own devices for a good while. I also understand that when they got around to mixing it, it wasn't a producer-centered field of work anymore.

There were no orchestrations by Buckmaster or Beltrami issued during Beavan's or RTB's era. It was an Axl thing. Fortus did some work over Paul Huge's parts and some solos, Ron did some work over Paul Huge's/Fortus' parts and some solos. However, I do hope Axl's spent the time in between late '02 and late '07 (when CD was said to be completed) actually working on the so-called follow-up albums.

Otherwise the last five years are pretty hard to justify in terms of finishing touches.

Sky Dog wrote:

buck and Beltrami were 2002....that is when we heard about their contributions.

Bright Eyes 2005
 Rep: 27 

sic. wrote:
misterID wrote:

He was with the band for, what, 20 months. He was finishing tracks with Tom Zutaut in late 2001.

The band's work was mostly done, I surmise, and that may be the reason why a new producer was never called in full-time. It was the UYI situation; Axl was set out to do additional production and vocals after the basic tracks were done with Mike Clink. Clink was around to organize additional backing track recording on the road et al, but Axl was with his own devices for a good while. I also understand that when they got around to mixing it, it wasn't a producer-centered field of work anymore.

There were no orchestrations by Buckmaster or Beltrami issued during Beavan's or RTB's era. It was an Axl thing. Fortus did some work over Paul Huge's parts and some solos, Ron did some work over Paul Huge's/Fortus' parts and some solos. However, I do hope Axl's spent the time in between late '02 and late '07 (when CD was said to be completed) actually working on the so-called follow-up albums.

Otherwise the last five years are pretty hard to justify in terms of finishing touches.

I think the band had another creative period in 2004-2006.  For instance, Axl said on Eddie Trunk in 2006, they were "working on a new song" in rehearsals, and he mentioned during the Manchester show, prior to IRS, that Richard was writing songs last night, while Axl was trying to make some babe he met.  I also think Ron must have sent them some material when he was initially in, in late 2004, but leaked news to the press, thus delaying his entry to the band.  I also know Axl and Izzy shared some stuff during this period, while they were rekindling their relationship.  I think their will definitely be some Izzy stuff on at least one of the upcoming CD's.  Izzy writes a lot, and  I am sure has sent over tons of songs and ideas to Axl during the past 12 years.

sic.

sic. wrote:

In terms of songwriting or even working as a full band, they we're a bit crippled in between 2004-6, as Bucket'd left and Ron was still en route. Not to mention Tommy, Brain. Richard and Dizzy all toured a lot during this period, so they weren't spending time as a unit all that much anymore.

What Axl said in the Trunk show is more akin towards a situation where the band works on a batch of songs/a complete album to one point, Axl begins vocal recording / mixing / etc, the band moves over to the next batch. As there have always been a lot of songs in varying stages of completion, the band could churn out tracks to a satisfactory degree and then move on to the ones needing more work. By doing the work in shifts, you could have more than one album nearing completion.

But yeah, it seemed to me they were still rounding up what would be third album. However, it cannot be said to any certainty whether they were, at that point, writing new songs up from scratch, or rather building the songs up from ideas recorded way back when. I'd assume, though, that the band might participate in the 'compiling' by playing the Pro Tools versions in rehearsals, to see how well it'd flow. They could also contribute new ideas to their respective bits and pieces once the song would be in the making.

Board footer