You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Football (soccer) Thread

AtariLegend wrote:

If you are a Liverpool fan and watched your team's FA Cup replay against Everton on ITV last night, Early Doors has some bad news - you lost.

Having sat through 117-and-a-half mind-numbing minutes (and 90 fairly dull ones 10 days earlier), viewers should have been rewarded with the drama of Dan Gosling burying a late winner for the Toffees.

Instead, the channel accidentally cut to an advert break and we ended up watching some Tic Tacs playing golf, a car designer fighting clones of himself and some bloke called Dan (regrettably not of a Gosling persuasion) telling us: "I used to lash out if somebody pushed my buttons."

What caused ED to lash out was not pushing a button to change the channel instead of naively expecting the game's defining moment to appear on screen.

The ever-professional Steve Rider apologised three times before storming off to do a Christian Bale (Warning: strong language) on whichever gormless key grip, gaffer or best boy was responsible for the cock-up.

Source: Yahoo

Brilliant... I wish Sky would use such discretion.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Ha I noticed that, although it cut back to the game for me in time for the goal. Apparently others weren't so lucky.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Lucky? I thought you were a 'pool fan? 16

A Private Eye

Nah I'm a Leeds fan, although Liverpool are kinda my adopted premiership team for the moment until Leeds return (lol). This was the FA cup anyway so I was hoping Everton won last night.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Leeds fan? I'm very sorry.

A Private Eye

polluxlm wrote:

Me too 16

AtariLegend wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Me too 16

You know what's funnier, almost 9 years ago... they were in the Semis of the "Champions League" against Valencia, now their... 14

...And I mustn't forget, it's cool that we hammered Madrid last night.

Board footer