You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: A Message From Ron That Really Is An Eye Opener

buzzsaw wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Add BBF to the list of current/recent employees I feel sorry for.  He deserves better than this.  Hopefully he can use this as a springboard to get his solo stuff out to the masses.

Why do you feel sorry for him?  No one is holding a gun to his head to be in GNR.

No, but that doesn't mean it's a good situation.  Here's another guy added to the list of guys that wasted their prime years waiting.  Fortunately for him, he's wasted less time than someone like Finck who basically wasted his career away.

You have to remember, BBF has only been in the band for a year and half, he had and still has all his own stuff going on before GNR.  He is a very well respected and well known guitarist in that world, he came highly recommended by Joe Satriani to GNR, that's not to shabby.

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:
TheMole wrote:

Ugh, this is really getting out of hand. Sure, he has a point, but the fact that the fan-base acts like this says more about them than it does about us. No point being all arrogant about it, just face the fact that your band is a PR nightmare and live with it.

This has nothing to do with GNR promotion, it has all to do with someone starting a thread about how Axl yet again is a nightmare of a person that won't let his band talk to him.  How exactly is this getting out of hand,  if I were Ron who does go out of his way to communicate with the fans beit about GNR or not, he has the right to defend not only his statement but Axl as well that does get a tremendous amount of shit from the community and because people are pissed at the situation some are more apt to go with it and say yeah that Axl what a prick, then not.   From what I have seen over the years what's gotten out of hand is that Axl gets a bad wrap on shit that has nothing even remotely to do with him such as this example.

We don't know what the deal is behind the scenes about the obvious and it's Axl's choice not to say a word about it so be it but this is merely not to add more shit to the already large amount of assumptions out there about Axl and how he is a terrible person.

Disclaimer: I didn't read the actual thread, so I can't form an opinion on it's content or starter. Shame it got removed, 'cause now I want to know what all the fuss is about.

Yeah, you know what, I actually agree. Ron is an great guy and an even better guitarist. Kudos to him and all that (I'm not being sarcastic).

Two things though:
  1. Although this incident might not be related to GNR promotion, the reason it cropped up does. It's because of their crappy PR policy that people start wondering, imagining and making up all sorts of weird, silly conspiracy theories. Some people are more susceptible to this than others, but in the end there's no doubt about what the catalyst is in this whole situation. It's a natural thing: if you can't find relevant info, you're going to grasp whatever you might get your filthy mittens on and speculate about it. If information was abundant, this wouldn't happen.
  2. The gag order is obvious, and making fun of it is great (e.g. the link on his website about CD). Ridiculing people who (due to lack of real info) start speculating however, is not. I'm sure this wasn't his intent, but the message came across as being quite arrogant. It's not nice to be arrogant about something that you caused yourself (as a group). It's like setting up a perfect trap for someone and then pointing and laughing at them in a 'Nelson'-like fashion.

It's great that he wants to communicate with us, I applaud that. I understand the position he finds himself in isn't the easiest one to be in. Once again, all props to him, but there's no need to mock your fans - even if it is unintentional.

And I would like to stress that Axl's public image is entirely the product of his own behavior. You can't go about eating babies without explanation and expect people to still like you.

TheMole wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:
TheMole wrote:

Ugh, this is really getting out of hand. Sure, he has a point, but the fact that the fan-base acts like this says more about them than it does about us. No point being all arrogant about it, just face the fact that your band is a PR nightmare and live with it.

This has nothing to do with GNR promotion, it has all to do with someone starting a thread about how Axl yet again is a nightmare of a person that won't let his band talk to him.  How exactly is this getting out of hand,  if I were Ron who does go out of his way to communicate with the fans beit about GNR or not, he has the right to defend not only his statement but Axl as well that does get a tremendous amount of shit from the community and because people are pissed at the situation some are more apt to go with it and say yeah that Axl what a prick, then not.   From what I have seen over the years what's gotten out of hand is that Axl gets a bad wrap on shit that has nothing even remotely to do with him such as this example.

We don't know what the deal is behind the scenes about the obvious and it's Axl's choice not to say a word about it so be it but this is merely not to add more shit to the already large amount of assumptions out there about Axl and how he is a terrible person.

Disclaimer: I didn't read the actual thread, so I can't form an opinion on it's content or starter. Shame it got removed, 'cause now I want to know what all the fuss is about.

Yeah, you know what, I actually agree. Ron is an great guy and an even better guitarist. Kudos to him and all that (I'm not being sarcastic).

Two things though:
  1. Although this incident might not be related to GNR promotion, the reason it cropped up does. It's because of their crappy PR policy that people start wondering, imagining and making up all sorts of weird, silly conspiracy theories. Some people are more susceptible to this than others, but in the end there's no doubt about what the catalyst is in this whole situation. It's a natural thing: if you can't find relevant info, you're going to grasp whatever you might get your filthy mittens on and speculate about it. If information was abundant, this wouldn't happen.
  2. The gag order is obvious, and making fun of it is great (e.g. the link on his website about CD). Ridiculing people who (due to lack of real info) start speculating however, is not. I'm sure this wasn't his intent, but the message came across as being quite arrogant. It's not nice to be arrogant about something that you caused yourself (as a group). It's like setting up a perfect trap for someone and then pointing and laughing at them in a 'Nelson'-like fashion.

It's great that he wants to communicate with us, I applaud that. I understand the position he finds himself in isn't the easiest one to be in. Once again, all props to him, but there's no need to mock your fans - even if it is unintentional.

And I would like to stress that Axl's public image is entirely the product of his own behavior. You can't go about eating babies without explanation and expect people to still like you.

The thread got removed not by staff it was deleted unbeknownst to us until one of us got on, that won't happen again.   Basically it was just what I explained, people taking something that was said and sort of running with it on how see Axl is a bad guy cuz he won't let his band members text them and they have to go through Del. 

I really don't think is a bit much because you have to be Ron's position and all the stuff he reads after he does an interview or show and it's simply no where near what the actual truth of what is behind whatever is being questioned. 

I do agree and wish Axl was more vocal, we certainly would listen to anything he had to say about GNR but I can understand how he would remain silent with what has been said about him throughout the years and how he in his own words at Albany 2002 show and I am paraphrasing he doesn't like to say anything cuz it's gets all twisted around on him.

bringbackadler
 Rep: -10 

DoubleTalkingJive wrote:

I do agree and wish Axl was more vocal, we certainly would listen to anything he had to say about GNR but I can understand how he would remain silent with what has been said about him throughout the years and how he in his own words at Albany 2002 show and I am paraphrasing he doesn't like to say anything cuz it's gets all twisted around on him.

I disagree. The scrutiny and flack he receives from the media / fans has been well deserved in most cases.

Was it the media / fans who said that the album was done in 2002 ?

Was it the media / fans that said the album was "definitely coming out in 2006" ?

Was it the media / fans who set the March 07' tentative release date and then promised to keep the fans updated should it be delayed ?

You can't expect him to be receiving positive reviews when all he does is cancel shows pointlessly, delay albums indefinitely, and continuously keep the fans in the dark.

bba

bringbackadler wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:

I disagree. The scrutiny and flack he receives from the media / fans has been well deserved in most cases.

Was it the media / fans who said that the album was done in 2002 ?

Was it the media / fans that said the album was "definitely coming out in 2006" ?

Was it the media / fans who set the March 07' tentative release date and then promised to keep the fans updated should it be delayed ?

You can't expect him to be receiving positive reviews when all he does is cancel shows pointlessly, delay albums indefinitely, and continuously keep the fans in the dark.

bba

Some of that I can't argue with but I certainly think the picture of Axl is far, far, far worse then what he actually is and that is not of his doing, that is the doing of people taking something as in this situaton and running with it making sound like Axl this complete nightmare and because people are pissed about Chinese Democracy more will tend to agree with things said such as this example.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

the_real_jessica
 Rep: 22 

No one could force another human being to do things they don't want to do or end up in situations they could have avoided if wanted.

Robin Finck, just like anyone of us, makes his choices.

And he is still very young, he has 20 years to make a career.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Haha, that was funny. I know we act like there's a big seclusion and security thing going on, but I sorta think that's what they want us to think. Acting like it's the biggest, most important, most interesting record of all time and promoting the image of Axl Rose working constantly for 10 years, hiding from society.

It's the theme of this album: Secretive and important.

Jessica, Robin is a few days away from 36... he's probably spent his most creative years in this band, and does not wuite have 20 years to make a career. If he's serious, he should be on a studio album before he's 40.

bringbackadler
 Rep: -10 

Communist China wrote:

Jessica, Robin is a few days away from 36... he's probably spent his most creative years in this band, and does not wuite have 20 years to make a career.

Exactly.

A thirty six years old guitar player with hardly any album credits is not what I would consider a legend. Honestly, I don't think most people outside of the boards would even recognize his name. I think he's a good guitar player and all, but I don't think he'll ever be remembered as one of the greats.

Think about all the accomplishments players like Jimmy Page, Hendrix, Joe Perry, and Slash had waaaaay before turning 30 years old.

bba

the_real_jessica
 Rep: 22 

Jesus i don't see years go by, he is 36 already ? sorry guys..guess i'm wrong then..:haha:

Board footer