You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Richard w/ Rihanna on the VMAs

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

same thing goes for richard as goes for slash...

he enjoys playing so why not play with whoever asks..no need to be a snob about it

thing different though,.... axl was so against slash playing with MJ right? yet he goes and hires a guitarist who made his career playing with shit like rhianna and backstreet boys .... thats the part i dont get

regardless all these guys sold out a loooong time ago, who cares about the one offs...

pretty funny that its alike half a week later before anyone realized a current gnr guitarist was there...i wonder if any media there even knew who richard was, and i wonder if slash and richard chatted at all

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
bigbri wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
JIP wrote:

richard shouldn't perform with artists like that anymore...he's a gunner i guess

No, he's a guitar whore.

Is that why Slash played with Blackstreet, and Thalia, and Michael Jackson and ...

You need to keep reading before making posts like this...

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Exactly. I don't get how Slash is evil in Axl's eyes for that but Dick isn't.

Well, Slash was actually a member of GnR.  That's a pretty significant difference.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

I read, I just don't see guitar whore as a compliment no matter how you spin it.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

Is Dick Fortus, male guitar gigolo better?

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Ha, ha. Sure.

harmon420
 Rep: 20 

harmon420 wrote:

I don't see what it hurts. It's not like he played with the Jonas Brothers or Miley Cyrus.

Acquiesce
 Rep: 30 

Acquiesce wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Exactly. I don't get how Slash is evil in Axl's eyes for that but Dick isn't.

Well a lot has changed since then. Slash was a very prominent member of GNR at the height of their popularity when he played with MJ. Slash playing with MJ could have had an impact on how the public viewed the band. Fortus is relatively unknown to the general public and GNR hasn't released an original studio album in close to 20 years. No one's really going to care about Fortus playing with Rihanna and it certainly isn't going to make them look worse than they already look with the CD debacle. Not to mention if guys like Fortus didn't have the freedom to play with whomever they probably wouldn't have stuck around as long as they have waiting for this never ending project to be released.

Board footer