You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Van Halen Tour Imploding??

RussTCB wrote:

removed

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:
russtcb wrote:
NY Giants82 wrote:

The show I saw, on dvd, they were on fire. Absolutley on fire. All bands have bad shows, doesnt mean they are melting, but this is VH we are talking about, so who knows?!

I believe I downloaded the same DVD, it was from Chicago about 3 or 4 nights before I saw them here in Detroit. The show was almost as good as the one I saw hear at the Palace.

Yep that was it. It was a great show, Eddie and Alex were on fire, Dave had the place in the palm of his hand, and well Wolfgang was there!

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

a buddy of mine went to the Toronto show...he said it was amazing hmm

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:

Yeah Wolfgang is definatly very good, he just looks a little odd there. Its gotta be a lot of pressure to be out there with one of the biggest bands in the world, and someone out there is just waiting on you to mess up, so they can slam you. He'll loosen up though.

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

Russ, you went to one of their shows. Do you feel ripped off, or did the nostalgia factor sort of cloud over any negative feelings you had towards the show? I understand being there is different than reading about it or youtube clips. As I mentioned, M.I.A. has her DJ play the music from the album and also the backing vocals,etc. But she sings the songs. I could obviously tell what was going on, but it didn't bother me because she was kicking so much ass.

I actually wish she would go to a more "raw" performance of the songs. She did this at the Radio One show before the album came out, and even though she is obviously shit faced drunk, it sounded amazing.

Maybe VH should drop this backing shit and just go back to basics for the rest of the tour. If it doesn't sound like the album, so what. If people want to hear the album, they'll stay home.

I didn't feel ripped off at all. The only time I could tell backing tracks were being used was during 1984/Jump  and I'll Wait, but ofcourse that was obvious.

Dave was on fire vocally all night. I'd really like to see footage of the ...And The Cradle Will Rock claim from this show.

Also, I have a good friend with a strong connection in the band. I'll have her look into this and see if I can get some answers.

I think Van Halen has used backing tracks for a long time.  They've never had a live keyboard player to the best of my knowledge, but that doesn't stop them from playing any of the keyboard songs. 

I'm not saying I like it, but it isn't new for them.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I don't remember who did it, but I've seen bands use musicians behind the scenes to play on songs as well (no, I don't mean Milli Vanilli).  I don't really have a problem with it as long as the majority of it is live.

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I don't remember who did it, but I've seen bands use musicians behind the scenes to play on songs as well (no, I don't mean Milli Vanilli).  I don't really have a problem with it as long as the majority of it is live.

I think Ozzy has always had an actual keyboard player who is just off stage.  I remember seeing something where Ozzy was talking about his band and mentioned how long he had been with them.  And I thought, who is that guy. 

I might be wrong about that though.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

F*ck Fear
 Rep: 4 

F*ck Fear wrote:

I didn't want anything to with this just because last time I heard DLR's voice, it was hiddeous sounding to my ears. I knew things were going to go wrong for this tour.

Board footer