You are not logged in. Please register or login.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

Re: Chinese Democracy Official Tracklist

DCK wrote:

madagascar, twat, rhyiad, the blues, better, irs, chinese democracy,
these 7 tracks were all played live years ago so stop with the "we shouldn't have heard the tracks".

MP3's and live concert songs is hardly the same.

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:
DCK wrote:

madagascar, twat, rhyiad, the blues, better, irs, chinese democracy,
these 7 tracks were all played live years ago so stop with the "we shouldn't have heard the tracks".

MP3's and live concert songs is hardly the same.

it depends. me, personally, i've listened to the live versions way more then the leaks. the songs they played in rio and vegas in 2001 especially.

i'm pretty psyched about this i love. the myth within the myth. this song has been built up for so long i'm pretty sure it won't live up to the hype. same goes for the album. we were expecting the big guns to be something new. but we get the leaks instead and many people don't like some of them.

ah well, i guess axl said it best "it's gonna be a little for everybody"

Sky Dog wrote:

officially not excited anymore.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Yeah Im a bit torn on this - I know I downloaded the songs so it's my fault for ruining the surprise for those and the reason I am only getting a couple of new ones with the album.

But I suppose the mainstream hasn't heard them so its all new to them.  But to continually hear talk of 40 - 70 songs - why not put more material out there.  To have most of the songs we have already heard on the first album I think tells us what a lot of us thought - this is their best material - it's their A game!

That said what about the other songs.  If they aren't A grade material you are going to struggle to release them on another stand alone album at a later date, surely commercially that won't have much success.  So why not throw some more of them out now on a second disc?  As others have said, it takes a bit of the heat off Axl by giving the critcs so much new music to digest as well as quelling some of the inevitable comments like "15 years for this, I mean it's not bad but at the end of the day it's just another album" etc etc.

I suppose I will have to wait and see, maybe they are planning on throwing out more than just those 14 tracks??

Sky Dog wrote:

It is truly amazing to me that they let all this info out without making an official announcement themselves.....especially that tracklist. I don't know, something about the tracklist doesn't seem right. The spelling of Rhiyad, Street of Dreams, Catcher??????? Something seems fishy.

Sky Dog wrote:

I don't know if it is the best they have or not, but they were A listed songs (definitely 14 of the 32 Axl talked about in 06). Theme wise, all the songs are about broken relationships and love so he obviously always wanted these tracks together. neutral

I'm starting to doubt the tracklist myself too.

It's not that I'm not happy with it, it just seems weird.

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:

it seems fishy to me too because we already know the titles of the songs except one. but maybe we're looking too much into it and we're still hoping there's some songs we don't know of that they keep hidden.

the paranoia of the gnr fanbase will die only on nov 25. by the way, i'm still thinking "i'll believe it's out when i have a copy in my hands" and i'm keeping that thought until the last minute smile

elmir
 Rep: 53 

elmir wrote:

yeah, i refuse to get excited about this...even though i really want to, i'm doing my best to not pay any serious attention to it...just in case...

Board footer