You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: Chinese Democracy Official Tracklist

PaSnow wrote:

I see what your saying. Although, a press release will definitely help, however you're right, it really doesn't matter much if it's today, next week or 2+ weeks from now. Getting one helps, when really doesn't. Not that much, but a little in advance would.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

even the stuck in the past acdc lover i know knows about the release in november..  tho he`s still stuck there and thinks the name needs dropping, and so what, so do i...but he still knows about the release..so news is gettin out there

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Interest?  Maybe.
Attention?  Yes.
Record sales?  No.

I guess I should have clarified what I meant.  The people that are going to buy the album on day 1 already know when it's coming.  To get others to buy it, it's going to take a single that people like, not an Axl Rose press release.  The post before mine (which I didn't quote) was talking about sales and that's what I was referring to.

Well said, we're the only ones waiting with baited breath to read a press release from Axl.  Media outlets have already run their own stories, radio DJ's have already announced it, it's not like they're waiting for Axl.  It's coming out, there's no pulling out at this point (at least I pray to God there's not).

With that being said though, an official word from Axl would be nice.  I'm a devout listener to the Howard Stern Show and I hoped all week that Robin would mention something about GNR during her news segments.  Nothing though.  I'd like to think, once Axl puts it in writing, there'd be no avoiding it.  They went over the ACDC album being an exclusive, said it was a great idea.  They've talked about Guns over the years, played a little bit of the leaks back in 06.  They've gotta discuss it.  Not to single out the Stern Show, I imagine other TV/radio shows haven't gone into details yet either because there hasn't been an "official" announcement yet.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

so i guess the red headed one has stayed quiet thus far? who woulda ever guessed 16

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

My only worry is that the plug could easily be pulled just like that because Axl could say "We never said once it was coming out". I'm not meaning to put a downer on anything but we are no where near guaranteed this album yet.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

We been here before... we've had a release from his own mouth, what has that gotten us.. i understand AxlS.. im waitin for it to all fall down

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:
Axl S wrote:

My only worry is that the plug could easily be pulled just like that because Axl could say "We never said once it was coming out". I'm not meaning to put a downer on anything but we are no where near guaranteed this album yet.

I disagree.  We're past the point of no return in my eyes.  If Axl were to put the breaks on full force now, I dont think he has any leverage.  He does not have sole possession of the album anymore, so its out of his hands.  Hypothetically if he were to somehow cancel it at this point, all he'd be doing is delaying the inevitable, and setting himself up for a big lawsuit from his record company.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

If Axl has signed the contract (VERY likely given that Best Buy is putting the album on their website), then there is no going back. If Axl tries to back out on them, he will be dealing with bankruptcy. They will sue his ass beyond belief. He won't have enough money to fight something like that, unless he's gotten lucky and made some really profitable investments over the years.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
Axl S wrote:

I have a funny story on this.  I ordered a couple other things when I ordered CD on the Canadian bestbuy site.  Anyways I called afterwards to make sure they would ship everything on the 23 or 24th of Nov instead of shipping the other things seperately.  Anyways the lady at customer service said that CD will be shipped differently in case it doesn't come out.  I laughed when she said that and I told her I wouldn't be surprised if that happened.  She just said they were cautious about it.  I just thought it was funny she said that it would ship seperately so that I would get everything else if it would not come out.  16

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

LMAO! Score It! 3 points on the board for buzzsaw...

gnfnraxl wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I'm hoping all of this information, a new final tracklist, will have a snowball affect today, if you get what I mean.

No I don't.  What do you mean? tongue

That Axl will release some mega-press release that will explain the past, present & future of this album's release, down to every little detail including alternate artwork, and potential bonuses involved with the release.

I was kidding Axlin.  I knew what you were saying and I hope we get a statement soon.  But considering what Mysteron said I agree with Buzzsaw.  We might have to wait 15 years for that as well.

Board footer