You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Re: RS Rock List: Guns N' Roses

Axl S wrote:
TheMole wrote:

Funny how different folks read different things into this huh Capt. Winkler. I would've said that only three of the leaks show up, which says a lot about their perceived quality...

Got to remember, these songs haven't been released yet. Not everyone has heard them and some may have been unsure whether they were allowed to post them in their top 5. I think the fact that three demos made it up there and beat some of GN'Rs already released material like SCOM for example is very good. Although it is true that most people who posted on that were from the forums and should be taken into account.

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:
Axl S wrote:
TheMole wrote:

Funny how different folks read different things into this huh Capt. Winkler. I would've said that only three of the leaks show up, which says a lot about their perceived quality...

Got to remember, these songs haven't been released yet. Not everyone has heard them and some may have been unsure whether they were allowed to post them in their top 5. I think the fact that three demos made it up there and beat some of GN'Rs already released material like SCOM for example is very good. Although it is true that most people who posted on that were from the forums and should be taken into account.

Sure, I know. I was just expecting it to be even more skewed towards the leaks, I guess. I mean, the fact that Estranged, Coma and Rocket Queen are in the top 5 obviously shows that this is a heavily forum-goers influenced list.

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:

Considering the only people who voted on this poll were GNR forum junkies, I really could care less -_-

Captain Winkler
 Rep: -17 

TheMole wrote:

yea but you're an idiot. 3 of 9 unfinished, unmastered tracks compared to 17 mastered finished and released tracks out of 40, is not bad odds considering  many peoples refusal to outgrow their nostalgic wombs coupled with the negative stigma the album is faced with.

ereeper
 Rep: 14 

ereeper wrote:

More free publicity.  Any common fan who sees that these new tracks are listed with the greats of the past will at least give it a listen.

Locomotive98
 Rep: 17 

Locomotive98 wrote:
-Jack- wrote:

Considering the only people who voted on this poll were GNR forum junkies, I really could care less -_-

Agreed. There were many people on the sites who were saying that they'd leave out a fave and stick in Better etc just to see if it made the lists.

Theres no other way a song like that could beat SCOM or some of the others....

Captain Winkler

Locomotive98 wrote:
-Jack- wrote:

Agreed. There were many people on the sites who were saying that they'd leave out a fave and stick in Better etc just to see if it made the lists.

Theres no other way a song like that could beat SCOM or some of the others....

yea god forbid people like the new songs more, how dare they.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Captain Winkler

russtcb wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:

errr... Shacklers in the top 20?

Better is great and all but ahead of Sweet Child?

I don't get why SR made the Top 20, but I honestly agree with Better being way up there. It's probably my personal favorite GNR song.

oh no you cant like better more, what about the classics, no you're lying, what about SCOM? huh. nah mate you cant possibly think that so stop lying.

oh shit sorry was just channeling a few of the forum members here.

id replace shacklers with Chinese democracy and move TWAT up to number 10, and itd be a pretty good list.

Locomotive98
 Rep: 17 

Locomotive98 wrote:
Captain Winkler wrote:
russtcb wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:

errr... Shacklers in the top 20?

Better is great and all but ahead of Sweet Child?

I don't get why SR made the Top 20, but I honestly agree with Better being way up there. It's probably my personal favorite GNR song.

oh no you cant like better more, what about the classics, no you're lying, what about SCOM? huh. nah mate you cant possibly think that so stop lying.

oh shit sorry was just channeling a few of the forum members here.

id replace shacklers with Chinese democracy and move TWAT up to number 10, and itd be a pretty good list.

What is your problem? Go to HTGTH or something.

I was just stating what I'd seen on other sites, you dont have to get all uptight do you?

Russ said it himself on page 2 that he'd thrown Better on there ahead of One in a Million just to see if it would get on the list. (Although above it has now gained the accolade of being his favourite GNR tune).

Board footer