You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

Re: Guns N' Roses to release Chinese Democracy single

bigbri wrote:

Can anyone tell me the track length? I've got so many on my computer, I can't find the right one. Is it 4:42?

dr_love6977
 Rep: 38 

dr_love6977 wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

If you want to prove me wrong, be my guest.

I already did.

dr_love6977 wrote:

Singles (for a hard rock band at least) should generally follow the same format as a live show. Start off with a solid, quick rocker. Although Better is easily my favorite of the songs so far, it would be stupid to release a mid-tempo pseudo-ballad as the first single after 13 years of anticipation.

CD is a very solid song all the way through. It grabs you from the beginning and keeps you all the way to the end. It doesn't slow down, quiet down, or relinquish in any way. I've been saying that would be the first single since I very first heard that song. It has all the right ingredients to make it a single and a show opener.

W. Axl Rose wrote:

Suck on that

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
russtcb wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Bad choice for a first single.  Some will not make it to the part where the music kicks in....

After the first few plays they'll cut out the intro & talking part so that's not relevent. I agree Better would have been great too, but CD adds in the name recognition. "Chinese Democracy", alot of people have heard the term & waited for it.

Should have released it back with an Olympics tie in though.

I find the song to be catchy and have a great structure. But I always have though. My opinion wasn't going to change unless the song was drastically changed for the worse before this morning.

buzz wasn't going to change his opinion either. He's just stating, again, what we all know; he personally doesn't like new Guns N' Roses songs all that much.

Not exactly - first of all, the only songs I've heard prior to this one have been in demo form, so I think responding to the mastered version is quite reasonable.  As for hating new GnR songs, that isn't true either.  I actually like one of them quite a bit and think another is decent (in demo form).

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
dr_love6977 wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

If you want to prove me wrong, be my guest.

I already did.

dr_love6977 wrote:

Singles (for a hard rock band at least) should generally follow the same format as a live show. Start off with a solid, quick rocker. Although Better is easily my favorite of the songs so far, it would be stupid to release a mid-tempo pseudo-ballad as the first single after 13 years of anticipation.

CD is a very solid song all the way through. It grabs you from the beginning and keeps you all the way to the end. It doesn't slow down, quiet down, or relinquish in any way. I've been saying that would be the first single since I very first heard that song. It has all the right ingredients to make it a single and a show opener.

W. Axl Rose wrote:

Suck on that

That's your idea of proof?  And you had the nerve to question my research?  Weak.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

WLUP in Chicago played it at 11:40 a.m. First station of the day, I think. Their morning show goes until 10 a.m. and does not play music.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Don't listen to it if you don't like it.

It's simple.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

the reason that it may be successful is its simplicity...average music listeners are more apt to get stuck on something like this thats why grunge was so big the riff gets stuck in your head...especially since stations are playing it every hour on the hour...peopel will grow fond of it out of repetativeness alone

as fopr staying on the station long enough well its new gnr alot of peopel will be curious to stay tuned until the music kicks in....i'm sure once the hhype dies down they will do a radio edit with the front clipped

dr_love6977
 Rep: 38 

dr_love6977 wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

That's your idea of proof?  And you had the nerve to question my research?  Weak.

Well you're stating your opinion as if it's fact. As it turns out, I happen to know a little bit about music, and I know what would make a good first single. All I did was present the reasons why CD was an obvious choice for a first single.

You have the nerve to post that as your comeback? Weak.

Board footer