You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Radio Reacts To Guns N' Roses Single

misterID wrote:

My first album was Reggata De Blanc by The Police.

I wonder if TWAT will be the next single?

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Getting higher. Again, the song was not out for the whole reporting period.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Someone tell me the difference between active and mainstream rock.

ereeper
 Rep: 14 

ereeper wrote:

Lansing did not play it.  I will call again tomorrow and bug her.  Now that they've changed dj's I think it's safe to say she skipped it.

huntermc
 Rep: 12 

huntermc wrote:
bigbri wrote:

According to Wikipedia:

Active rock is a radio format used by many commercial radio stations across Canada and the United States. Active rock plays current rock artists with a mix of classic rock songs. An active rock station may include songs by known and popular artists such as Aerosmith, Led Zeppelin, Metallica, and AC/DC in its playlist. Whereas a modern rock or classic rock station would not. Similar to active rock stations, mainstream rock stations play current rock music, but concentrate more on classic rock than active rock stations do.

Mainstream rock stations are between classic rock and active rock on the programming spectrum, in that they play more classic rock than active rock stations, but play more modern rock than classic rock stations. In many ways, mainstream rock is a successor to the widespread album-oriented rock (AOR) format created in the 1970s.

So it goes Classic/Mainstream/Active/Modern in the mix of old to new rock.

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Gagarin wrote:
huntermc wrote:
bigbri wrote:

According to Wikipedia:

Active rock is a radio format used by many commercial radio stations across Canada and the United States. Active rock plays current rock artists with a mix of classic rock songs. An active rock station may include songs by known and popular artists such as Aerosmith, Led Zeppelin, Metallica, and AC/DC in its playlist. Whereas a modern rock or classic rock station would not. Similar to active rock stations, mainstream rock stations play current rock music, but concentrate more on classic rock than active rock stations do.

Mainstream rock stations are between classic rock and active rock on the programming spectrum, in that they play more classic rock than active rock stations, but play more modern rock than classic rock stations. In many ways, mainstream rock is a successor to the widespread album-oriented rock (AOR) format created in the 1970s.

So it goes Classic/Mainstream/Active/Modern in the mix of old to new rock.

That made my head hurt.
Someone revise that.

Sky Dog wrote:

fucking horseshit....I hate the categorization of rock and roll.

ereeper
 Rep: 14 

ereeper wrote:

CD was #1 for the fourth straight day on WKLQ in Grand Rapids.  I just heard the countdown and the do the top five requested of the day.  The funny thing is that AC/DC and Metallica were not on the top five at all.  This is the best rock station in GR so this great news.  They did chop the intro off when they played the song.  This was the first time I heard it on WKLQ.

Board footer