You are not logged in. Please register or login.

estrangedpaul
 Rep: 5 

Re: Chinese Democracy Press Release! (Rolling Stone.com)

At long, fucking last!!

What a day! Can't fuckin believe its finally here!! So surreal!

NickNasty2009
 Rep: 2 

With how shitty most music is nowadays, it should be easier to pull off.

it was funny, the DJ this afternoon on WAAF said they were playing new music from GnR, Metallica, and AC/DC--he then said-"Is it 1988?"

I don't know what it says about the current state of the music industry that bands who have been playing for about 2-3 decades are still looked for for good new material...

If the release of this album knocks the ear-raping that is the Jonas Brothers off the front pages of music media for even 2 days, that is an amazing and positive accomplishment.

alexh0618
 Rep: 14 

alexh0618 wrote:

HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its fucking happening!!!! Everyday just gets better and better!!!!  I feel like I wanna jump around like a little kid on christmas!!!

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

A huge part of me is really sad this didn't happen sooner(2006). Hey I admit it the whole process eventauly jaded me to the point where my interest is based on closure rather than excitement. It sucks to be honest but I'm genuinely happy for you guys.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

This is just fucking cool!!! Can't wait till my aussie record store lets me pre-order.

estrangedpaul
 Rep: 5 

So much for "13 tuesdays left," etc, etc and all the counting down of tuesdays in 2006. haha

Wonder when it will be out here in Ireland? Most likely the day after - Monday 24th. Monday is the day records usually comes out.

MATT - A REAL FAN
 Rep: 7 

Yo everyone!!

I've been reading this board for a little while but, haven't posted up until now, so I'll quickly introduce myself. I've been quite the journeyman the last 8 years on GN'R message boards (mygnr - htgth - cd.com)

I'm still over at cd.com but, found this site after cd recently started to get "restrictive" which reminded me of htgth. I've been there for well over a year but, I'm not a person that feels the need to reply to every single thread, especially the type that involve discussing what everyone thinks Axl eats for breakfast, etc. I have barely 25 posts there.

Anyway, I've noticed this board to be very "free thinking" and I thank them for it. So, while I might not post all the time, I'll try to add to the discussion at hand when I do.

Regarding the "official" announcement, I am ecstatic!! I've been a Guns N' Roses fan since 1987 and they are my all-time favorite band! First saw them in 1991, fought in the Philly riot in 2002, saw them twice in 2006 and I look forward to a tour that is really under the CD name! :-D I have followed every story, down to the nuance, about when this Cd would be released. It's unbelievable that it's finally, truly here. To hold this disc in my hands will be a culmination of waiting/heartache/joy that began when I was still in high school!!

I've been saving every news story that I can because I plan on documenting it on the actual day that I get to physically have this thing in my hands. Definitely will be sleeping out, if that is an option, and will have a camera and camcorder at the ready. Something like this will never happen again and I want to be able to experience certain highlights again. I know a lot of fans feel the same and probably have waited as long as myself.

This nightmare is about to end and become a nice reality. Enjoy it!!!

All the best,

MATT

ereeper
 Rep: 14 

ereeper wrote:

Only 5 Sundays left...

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer