You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Brett
 Rep: 20 

Re: GNR Myspace Updates

Brett wrote:

Yeah, I was just going to say that I've hated on Finck a lot, but I realize it's only on the old stuff. Still, not good to fuck around with good tunes when people paid good money to see them played.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Communist China wrote:

Maybe Robin really is that awesome of an industrial rhythm guy and that bad of a bluesy solo guy, but I don't think so. He plays Better, Street of Dreams, and all his other solos almost perfectly live. I tend to think he intentionally fucks with Slash's solos as a passive aggressive FU to being forced into the role of 'Slash's Replacement' for the 01-02 and 06-07 AFD tours.

He is phenomenal with NIN, even if you don't like NIN you can recognize how much control and power he holds over those songs and that audience. And his mark on Chinese Democracy is strong - he just wasn't into doing note-for-note copies of someone else's work (don't say that's what he does in NIN because NIN live is different from studio, and the players have some freedom). His 'God Given' solo is pretty sweet.

Great post. I don't think he intentionally fucked up solos, he was just playing his style while not trying to copy Slash. His solos on TWAT, Better, exc are fantastic... I think people forget that.

And if anyone thinks that Trent isn't capable of fucking with GNR because he knew Robin was leaving and no one else did, doesn't know Trent very well. He wasn't making those pictures because he's a fan or just for shits and giggles.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

well personally i dont think the solos from Robin are all that great on the new stuff either...they are ok dont get me wrong, but nothing special

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

the commercial on the myspace page is pretty sweet

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

There's a new video with a unseen concert and other footage on their MySpace with Better playing over it.

It's pretty short, but it's still cool.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

russtcb wrote:

What part of the page is that on?

It's where you can look at pictures, videos and stuff like that.

If you scroll down you'll see it.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

mcalldp
 Rep: 1 

mcalldp wrote:

Yea, maybe the live footage with Better played over it is actually part of the video to be released? Would be cool....

Board footer