You are not logged in. Please register or login.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

Re: GNR Myspace Updates

gnfnraxl wrote:
alexh0618 wrote:

Ehh sucks I guess. His whole style in GNR was starting to grow on me. IF, and thats a big if, they tour next year, hopefully they can get him back.

bucketfan wrote:

Good riddance Robin, you hack!

Go watch some videos of him in NIN or go to a NIN concert and you will realize how talented he actually is. He is completely out of his element in GNR and with the recent success of these NIN tours, I totally understand his decision.

While he may be perfect for NIN he wasn't perfect for GNR.  He botched a lot of songs and solos.  When I saw GNR he nailed SCOM like nobody can.  But he destroyed Patience amongst other songs.

gnfnraxl

gnfnraxl wrote:
tylerdurden wrote:
Bright Eyes 2005 wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:

Know anything we don't?  And if so please share with us.

Don't know a thing. 21

what kind of "hybrid" did you have in mind?

mine would be:
axl
bucket bucket
bumble
fortus
dizzy
pitman
BRAIN

bumble... take him or leave him...
i think my opinion may be junk on this though... i've been lost in bucket's solo shit all day..

Not bad.  I'd replace Brain with Josh Freese though.  But just my opinion.

Bright Eyes 2005
 Rep: 27 

alexh0618 wrote:

Ehh sucks I guess. His whole style in GNR was starting to grow on me. IF, and thats a big if, they tour next year, hopefully they can get him back.

bucketfan wrote:

Good riddance Robin, you hack!

Go watch some videos of him in NIN or go to a NIN concert and you will realize how talented he actually is. He is completely out of his element in GNR and with the recent success of these NIN tours, I totally understand his decision.

I love Robin, and his style.  I have seen him live with NIN and GNR numerous times, and he is a very talented and cool artist--no doubt about that.  But you are making a huge assumption stating that this was "his" decision.  All I will say is this, GNR is on the biggest label, and has the top management in the industry, who basically run over half of the concert industry (frontline, AEG, Ticketmaster).  Just look at rolling stone.com headliners today:  Aguilera, Smashing Pumpkins, GNR, ACDC, The Eagles--all Azoff bands.  BTW, they've changed the picture on rollingstone.com

www.rollingstone.com

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:

from what i've seen..  the new gnr guitarists rarely played the old solo's the way slash played 'em...
i think they were trying to put their own stamp on 'em...
so, quite often, they were changed to suit their own playing style...

gnfnraxl

gnfnraxl wrote:
tylerdurden wrote:

from what i've seen..  the new gnr guitarists rarely played the old solo's the way slash played 'em...

I get that.  But he literally destroyed Patience.  Had I been Axl that night I would've fired him after that horrible display.  It was just horrible and I am trying to be polite by saying this.

Furbush

Furbush wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:

Not bad.  I'd replace Brain with Josh Freese though.  But just my opinion.

ooooh... good call..
i just saw freese the other day on the cover of some drumming mag....

there was something on it so you couldn't flip through it at the newsstand...
but i peeked... and it said: Josh Freese...NIN..
the NIN was initially covered, and i got a little excited for a sec....then, SHIT..

Furbush

Furbush wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:
tylerdurden wrote:

I get that.  But he literally destroyed Patience.  Had I been Axl that night I would've fired him after that horrible display.  It was just horrible and I am trying to be polite by saying this.

yeah.. some solo's are just iconic... hence the scom solo staying intact...
patience is another one... robin is a gifted musician, but based on his work with NIN, i don't see how axl thought he would have been a suitable replacement for slash on lead... but, then again.. he WAS kinda on a nails kick at the time....

gnfnraxl

gnfnraxl wrote:

Brighteyes.  Who would be your hybrid lineup?  Didn't answer tyler's question.

gnfnraxl

gnfnraxl wrote:
tylerdurden wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:
tylerdurden wrote:

yeah.. some solo's are just iconic... hence the scom solo staying intact...
patience is another one... robin is a gifted musician, but based on his work with NIN, i don't see how axl thought he would have been a suitable replacement for slash on lead... but, then again.. he WAS kinda on a nails kick at the time....

Axl is smarter than we think. (I hope)  I don't think he ever wanted to replace Slash.  He probably wanted a guitarist that was as talented but not replace him as it is impossible.  Just like replacing Bucket is impossible.

Bright Eyes 2005
 Rep: 27 

I saw Brain and Frank live, and both are great!

My hybrid line-up (dream)! 

Zakk Wylde
Stinson
Izzy
Axl
Dizzy
Pitman
Ferrer

And yes, Axl and Irving Azoff are smarter than we think!!!!:slash:

Board footer