You are not logged in. Please register or login.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

Re: When will it leak? *It Leaked*

BLS-Pride wrote:

To be honest the finished version of If the World its killer. Wasn't a fan of the song when it leaked. Love the drum beat to Shackler's and the new drum fills in IRS as well as the added guitar which I think is Ron's best contribution to the record as well as those parts added to The Blues.

bucketfan
 Rep: 30 

bucketfan wrote:
axlgod wrote:

yes, they do not post transcodes.
basically, the site has taken over from oink.
e.g.

Guns N' Roses - Chinese Democracy [2008/MP3/V0(VBR)/Log]  129.25 MB

You got PM axlgod cool

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

To be honest the finished version of If the World its killer. Wasn't a fan of the song when it leaked. Love the drum beat to Shackler's and the new drum fills in IRS as well as the added guitar which I think is Ron's best contribution to the record as well as those parts added to The Blues.

If The World is one of the great accomplishments of this album. It takes on a completely new approach and succeeds magnificently.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

I tired to hate it be I just couldn't 16:haha: It is really good. The little stall intro is cool as well.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

Quick thoughts song by song:

Chinese Democracy - a really good rocker that becomes an average song half way through

Shackler's Revenge - a bunch of noise with decent melody in the chorus but just too noisy

Better - Awesome. Catchy, fresh, classic Axl vocals.

Street of Dreams - Cheesey as hell. Wimpy vocals and the name change of the song is for the worse. Makes it even cheesier

If the World - Awesome. Completely original when you think of what's typical Gn'R. Strong vocals and great musicianship

There was a Time - Almost epic but too messy. Way too much production and nto good production.  Trys to hard. Has it's great moments but drags at times. Nice guitar solo but not something I'm willing to wait 6 minutes for. It's that kind fo song that could've been classic but "so close yet oh so far"

Catcher in the Rye - Shit. This song sucks now. Ruined by production. Bad vocals, stupid na na's. Easily the low point of the album

Scraped -  Weird. I'm not sure about this song. It's kinda funky but I'm not sure if I like it or if I'm annoyed by it. One listen I liek it the other I'm like "this sucks."

Riad N' The Bedouins - Just like Shackler's. A bunch of noise with some good melodies at parts but mostly just noise.

Sorry - AMAZING! Best song on the album. Great vocals, viscious lyrics, Awesome vibe it's subtle but hits the hardest of all the songs on the album.  For me it's an instant classic.

IRS - Average rocker. Nothing special about it and nothing overly shitty. Pretty much just a filler song in my opinion. Kinda the Bad Apples of the album

Madagascar - Very cool song, but it's kinda run it's course with me. It's got great melody, too bad about the samples. Kinda ruins the song in my opinion. Used to really love this song now |I just like

This I Love - Awesome. Maybe the most raw Gn'R song emotionally. Great guitar solo(less is more).  TIL has that timeless sound to it that I've never really heard in a Gn'R song before.

Prostitute -  An epic closer. Always liked this song. It's the perfect climax

bucketfan
 Rep: 30 

bucketfan wrote:

Here's my theory on Rhiad:  Tommy, being one of the writers, had a final say in what solos etc are included.  He chose Ron because he doesn't like Bucket.  This is the only feasable explanation I can come up with.

Also, I think I've listened to "Sorry" a few too many times, and it's starting to lose it's magic for me 18

rhino
 Rep: 1 

rhino wrote:
Bono wrote:

Quick thoughts song by song:

Chinese Democracy - a really good rocker that becomes an average song half way through

Shackler's Revenge - a bunch of noise with decent melody in the chorus but just too noisy

Better - Awesome. Catchy, fresh, classic Axl vocals.

Street of Dreams - Cheesey as hell. Wimpy vocals and the name change of the song is for the worse. Makes it even cheesier

If the World - Awesome. Completely original when you think of what's typical Gn'R. Strong vocals and great musicianship

There was a Time - Almost epic but too messy. Way too much production and nto good production.  Trys to hard. Has it's great moments but drags at times. Nice guitar solo but not something I'm willing to wait 6 minutes for. It's that kind fo song that could've been classic but "so close yet oh so far"

Catcher in the Rye - Shit. This song sucks now. Ruined by production. Bad vocals, stupid na na's. Easily the low point of the album

Scraped -  Weird. I'm not sure about this song. It's kinda funky but I'm not sure if I like it or if I'm annoyed by it. One listen I liek it the other I'm like "this sucks."

Riad N' The Bedouins - Just like Shackler's. A bunch of noise with some good melodies at parts but mostly just noise.

Sorry - AMAZING! Best song on the album. Great vocals, viscious lyrics, Awesome vibe it's subtle but hits the hardest of all the songs on the album.  For me it's an instant classic.

IRS - Average rocker. Nothing special about it and nothing overly shitty. Pretty much just a filler song in my opinion. Kinda the Bad Apples of the album

Madagascar - Very cool song, but it's kinda run it's course with me. It's got great melody, too bad about the samples. Kinda ruins the song in my opinion. Used to really love this song now |I just like

This I Love - Awesome. Maybe the most raw Gn'R song emotionally. Great guitar solo(less is more).  TIL has that timeless sound to it that I've never really heard in a Gn'R song before.

Prostitute -  An epic closer. Always liked this song. It's the perfect climax

ha ha

there isnt an average song on this album any one of these songs is the best song in the last 10 years

get your ears checked bro...btw scraped is awsome

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

Whatever. Pretty obvious who's not gonna listen to the album objectively. Please tell me we're not gonna be swamped with obssesive,  fanboy, nutswingers once this thing comes out.

whatisitman
 Rep: 15 

whatisitman wrote:

Anybody think that "don't you try and stop us now" could possibly used to have been, "don't you try and stop me now"?

Just a thought...

whatisitman
 Rep: 15 

whatisitman wrote:

Ok, has the last solo in I.R.S. been replaced, or just altered, or WTF???  And what the f is that???  Are those horns?  Huh?  This album is a mess...

Board footer