You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Dadud
 Rep: 14 

Re: (OLD NEWS!)The Limewire Leaks Discussion

Dadud wrote:

It doesn't do anything to hurt it either. the new solo is amlost exactly the same as the old one.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

even replicating it doesnt may deserve something...

Roxxie
 Rep: 11 

Roxxie wrote:
Dadud wrote:

It doesn't do anything to hurt it either. the new solo is amlost exactly the same as the old one.

I really can't agree there, the notes might be the same or similar, but the feel and tone is quite different.  Brian May just had the perfect touch, IMO.  The new version isn't bad, and it sounds closer to the other tracks, but I greatly prefer the original.

Dadud

Dadud wrote:

Meh, getting kind of antsy waiting for the clean leaks to popup in my mailbox

chicken_dinner
 Rep: 19 

Dadud wrote:

the new solo is amlost exactly the same as the old one.

wow, talk about having sheet in your ears LOL.

the new solo is nothing like the original, in any way shape or form. its like comparing a finished diamond (may) with some piece of coal trying to pretend its a finished diamond (bumble, finck).

no offense but only die hard htgth members would say what you just said.

Dadud

Dadud wrote:

Alright, i retract that. Bumblefoots solo is just as good as Mays. Not the same. but you can tell bumblefoots is influenced by Mays

Sky Dog wrote:
mickronson wrote:

well one sounds better than the other due to the fact one is an age old demo and one is not.  removing may from the equation does nothing to help the song..imo..

The solo is only one part of the song. I personally like the beefed up guitars on the album version. Good thing is you have both now! Brian May will survive one way or another.....:beer:

Roxxie
 Rep: 11 

Roxxie wrote:
madagas wrote:

Good thing is you have both now! Brian May will survive one way or another.....:beer:

But the demo is a crappy low-bitrate version!  I need more quality! 18

trell
 Rep: 0 

trell wrote:

can anyone send me a link to any of these leaks? im dying to hear them and cant find them on any torrent website

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

Solo`s maybe but 1 part of a song but i`ve come to learn they are important cuz they saved more than 1 song ive heard so far.  As for replacing May with a replication.. I personally prefer the demo, it just suits it more, but im not deaf

Board footer